Social Media Associate
American Federation of Arts
305 East 47th Street 10th Floor
The American Federation of Arts (AFA) is currently accepting applications for a part-time Social Media Associate.
The AFA organizes and manages fine art exhibitions that tour to museums across the United States and abroad. AFA Communications oversees all aspects of communications and marketing for the organization and its traveling exhibitions, liaising with the curatorial, development and publications teams to effectively message our activities to a broad audience of museums and the art interested public.
The Social Media Associate will have the opportunity to develop and implement social media strategy with a goal of building followers on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter platforms.
- Manage social media plan which includes scheduling posts and content at regular intervals over the course of the week
- Draft social media posts and stories that include compelling imagery along with relevant, accurate and creative messaging
- Revise and perfect social media copy
- Monitor social media traffic with an eye to tapping into topical social media dialogues and identifying potential partnerships
- Collaborate on the development and refinement of AFA social media voice
- Prior experience managing and growing social media channels
- Excellent copywriting and editing along with superb research and organizational skills
- BA in art history, fine art, communications or a related field preferred
- Computer literacy in Word, Excel, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter platforms
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently
- A collaborative and adventurous digital sensibility
- Familiarity with Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator is preferred
- Passionate about communications in the arts.
This is a part-time role, with a maximum commitment of 14 hours per week during regular business hours of 9am to 5pm. The exact schedule will be determined based on candidate availability. Remote candidates will be considered.
About the American Federation of Arts
The American Federation of Arts (AFA), a not-for-profit organization, initiates and organizes art exhibitions and provides educational and professional programs in collaboration with the museum community in the United States and internationally. Established in 1909, the AFA is one of the oldest art organizations in the country. Since its founding, the AFA has organized or circulated exhibitions in every state, Canada, Latin America, Europe, Asia, and Africa. Today, the AFA continues to explore new opportunities to cultivate fertile ground for the broadest dissemination and appreciation of the visual arts. AFA exhibitions encompass a wide range of mediums, artists, historical periods, and cultural traditions. The AFA also collaborates with distinguished institutions around the world to tour important aspects of their collections. To further engage and inform museum visitors and art enthusiasts, the AFA produces innovative educational components and exhibition catalogues introducing original scholarship. www.amfedarts.org