7 – 3PM
Periapsis Music and Dance’s tenth season culminates in UNBEKNOWNST, a program of five new works by our resident and guest choreographers, in collaboration with our resident composers. All works are performed by our ensemble of dancers and musicians, with two prestigious guest musicians joining the program, cellist Jeffrey Zeigler and pianist Melinda Faylor.
The program will include:
- Unbeknownst, by guest choreographer Gabrielle Lamb and composer Jonathan Howard Katz
- A new work by choreographer Rohan Bhargava and composer Annie Nikunen
- A new work by guest choreographer PeiJu Chien-Pott and composer Jonathan Howard Katz
- What kind of land, by guest choreographer Da’ Von Doane, setting music by Annie Nikunen
- The Subject, by choreographer Evita Zacharioglou and composer Jonathan Howard Katz, with sound design by Spencer Robelen
This program is the culmination of our many years of collaborative exploration, but it also represents new beginnings. An influx of new artists and new artistic voices lets us explore the intersection of music and dance performance more fully than ever before, and with a greater sense of adventure. These performances are the link between the first decade of Periapsis Music and Dance and the next!