Classic Stage Company
136 East 13th Street
Part time / $17.00 hourly / Classic Stage Company / New York, NY
Classic Stage Company is seeking motivated and dedicated ushers to join our usher team at our Off-Broadway venue, the Lynn F. Angelson Theater for the 2023-24 season. Ushers will be scheduled based on their availability and the needs of the production. They must be available for at least three performances a week.
Ushers will report to the House Manager and will have a key role in contributing to an warm and efficient front of house including providing excellent customer service to CSC’s audience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Greeting and welcoming guests as they arrive at the theater.
• Assisting guests with finding their seats and providing information as needed about the performance.
• Assisting with maintaining a clean and tidy venue, including monitoring the restrooms and common areas.
• Perform pre-show duties including preparing showbills, tidying the venue, etc.
• Ensuring that guests comply with theater and show rules and regulations (No outside food and beverages, no photography, etc).
• Professional and friendly demeanor, with good communication and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to provide exceptional customer service.
• Ability to work well in a team setting.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
Ushers are a part-time hourly, non-exempt position. The rate is $17.00 per hour. Performances being on October 10, with onsite training the week before.
The health and well-being of our artists, staff, and audiences is of utmost importance to us. CSC will be in compliance with all CDC, Federal, NY State, and NYC guidelines as well as union COVID-19 Safety Protocols for Off-Broadway Productions for Fully Vaccinated Companies. It will be a condition of employment all CSC employees are fully vaccinated, which as defined by the CDC is more than 14 calendar days following receipt of a final dose of an FDA or World Health Organization authorized or approved vaccine and staying up-to-date on all authorized or approved boosters.
CSC is committed to being an anti-racist organization. CSC recognizes the responsibility we bear to make our theater a place where all artists, audiences, and staff feel supported and at home. To learn more about CSC’s commitment we encourage you to visit classicstage.org/commitment.
Classic Stage Company values diversity and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor. In addition to federal law requirements, Classic Stage Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.