Stage Manager for Mike Lew's "TIGER STYLE"
3333 Petaluma Boulevard North
Cinnabar Theater, a professional non-equity community theater located in Petaluma CA seeks a qualified stage manager for the 4th show in its 50th anniversary season.
TIGER STYLE by Mike Lew is a fast-paced family comedy about Chinese American heritage. Two squabbling siblings who achieved academically as children join forces to overcome the outrageous pressures of adulthood.
Albert and Jennifer Chen were at the pinnacle of academic achievement. But now they suck at adult life. Albert’s just been passed up for promotion and Jennifer’s just been dumped by her loser boyfriend. So they do what any reasonable egghead brother and sister would do: go on an Asian Freedom Tour! From California to Shenzhen, TIGER STYLE! Examines the successes and failures of tiger parenting from the point of view of a playwright who’s actually been through it.
Approximate rehearsals will start date Dec 12. Director will work with Artistic Director in designing a schedule that works for them and the production. Generally, rehearsals take place on site, in the evening 4/5 days a week but rehearsal days and times are (within reason) left to the director’s discretion.
Tech Dates: Sunday Jan 29 - Feb 2
Performances: Feb 3, 4 (7:30 pm curtain) 5 (2:00 pm curtain)
Feb.10, 11, (7:30 pm curtain) 12 (2:00 pm curtain)
Feb. 17, 18 (7:30 pm curtain) 19 (2:00 pm curtain)
Contract rate starts at $1000
Rehearsals will take place in the evening.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
● Liaise and partner with production management to ensure day-to-day rehearsal needs are being met
● Work with the director to set the rehearsal schedule for the production and communicate all schedules and any changes to the cast
● Clear out and set up the rehearsal room each day prior to the beginning of rehearsal with the team; clean and store all props and rehearsal equipment in their designated storage areas after rehearsal
● Circulate a daily rehearsal report for all rehearsals
● Track cast attendance at rehearsals, noting in daily rehearsal report when actors are late or absent.
● Work with the Cinnabar staff to keep up to date on all COVID protocols and make sure that all protocols are being met throughout the duration of the production.
● Monitor the safety and security of the venue and all company members; Uphold and maintain the security protocols set in place by Cinnabar Theater.
● Attend all production meetings as scheduled with production management
● Create and distribute run sheets for crew and oversee crew needs throughout tech and performances
● Lead technical rehearsals in the space, working with production management to balance the technical and artistic needs of the production
● Work with the director and scenic designer to maintain up-to-date props list / tracking and deliver to the props master upon the outlined due dates
● Create a clear navigable guide/manual for all aspects of stage management of the production
● Create and maintain current and accurate cue sheets; calling cues for all performances
● Run the technical booth during performances.