Program & Events Manager
1900 Market Street, FL 8
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Role Type: Full Time
Location: Philadelphia, PA / Hybrid
Salary Range: $55,000 to $60,000
Who We Are:
SAADA uses the power of stories to create belonging for 5.4+ million South Asian Americans. In doing so, we hope to build a more inclusive society: one that affirms and acknowledges the vital contributions of immigrants and ethnic communities to the American story.
Founded in 2008, SAADA is recognized as a national leader in community-based storytelling. Some of our award-winning projects include Revolution Remix, a historical walking tour of colonial Philadelphia through the eyes of South Asian Americans; the Archival Creators Fellowship Program, a paid opportunity for fellows to share the perspectives of marginalized groups within the South Asian American community; and Our Stories: An Introduction to South Asian America, a first-of-its-kind book that narrates diverse South Asian American experiences in America from the 1780s to the present day.
For more information about SAADA, visit our website; follow us on Twitter or Instagram; or check out “Memories We Carry,” an exhibit created by one of our Archival Creators Fellows.
The Program & Events Manager will support the planning and execution of SAADA’s exciting and wide-reaching national programs and events, which each year bring together thousands of people from across the country.
In this role, you will get to:
Lead event planning and execution by:
• Managing operations and logistics for workshops, conferences, and events, both in-person and virtually through Zoom. This ranges from leading planning and operations for meetings with a small cohort of community members to multi-day conferences with hundreds of attendees.
• Planning event agendas and activities that provide compelling opportunities to showcase SAADA’s work and create a welcoming environment for attendees.
• Organizing group travel plans and coordinating with local vendors such as venues, hotels, transportation, and caterers.
• Capturing and managing follow-through from meetings and events by preparing agendas, taking notes, creating tasks, and following up on next steps to generate forward momentum.
Manage programs and ensure their success by:
• Coordinating deliverables and milestones for a number of simultaneous projects, in a diverse range of fields, so that elements of each project are on track in order to fulfill their goals.
• Communicating proactively with collaborators, both internal and external, to assure their respective contributions to a project are meeting expectations and received by their deadline.
• Working creatively to maximize the impact of SAADA’s programs in reaching the widest audience possible.
Develop your professional skill set by:
• Supporting SAADA’s growth through projects assigned by SAADA’s Executive Director.
• Participating in conversations with community members, donors, contributors, and others invested in SAADA’s work.
• Pursuing professional development and other learning opportunities.
Perks and Benefits:
The pay range for this position is $55,000 - $60,000. SAADA is committed to providing our staff with a competitive benefits package, which includes a monthly health insurance stipend, paid time off, short- and long-term disability and life insurance, retirement matching, and a personal professional development fund. This hybrid position (three days in office per week) is based in SAADA’s Philadelphia office, located at 1650 Arch Street, Suite 2130, Philadelphia, PA 19103.
Who You Are:
When given the opportunity to plan, you are able to see both the forest and the trees. You are confident in navigating and planning milestones for multiple long-term projects and events, while also having a perceptive eye for the daily tasks needed to successfully meet those goals. You take pride in your organizational systems and know how to leverage your superb communication skills to work collaboratively with staff and other project stakeholders. You are excited by a work environment where things can change quickly and each day can look different.
Above all, you are motivated by the fact that your work every day supports a mission that matters. You believe in the power of storytelling and deeply resonate with our vision of redefining what it means to be American. You are excited to help create and implement events and projects that uplift immigrants and ethnic communities.
To all this, you bring:
• Commitment to SAADA’s mission of expanding the circle of who belongs in America.
• Expertise in organization and logistics through at least 4 years of relevant professional experience that can support you in leading multiple projects and events with various timelines and stakeholders.
• Clear communication skills for in-person and online interactions that allow you to coordinate effectively with all involved in your projects and events.
• Pride in the work that you lead for SAADA, motivating you to consistently aim to create impactful work.
• Curiosity and drive to efficiently spearhead meaningful events and projects for the communities that SAADA serves.
• A willingness to be available for occasional evening meetings (2-3 times/month) and travel (2-3 times/month) to facilitate program meetings.
• Flexibility, optimism, and a desire to learn and challenge yourself in a rapidly growing organization.
• Enthusiasm to uplift and live by SAADA’s core values.