Senior Programs Manager
Mortimer & Mimi Levitt Foundation
Los Angeles, CA 90026
Position Title: Senior Programs Manager
Reports To: Director of Programs
Location: Echo Park, Los Angeles, CA; hybrid: remote (2 days/week), office (3 days/week)
Time Commitment: Full-time
Announcement Date: Friday, October 7, 2022
Applications Due: open until filled
Compensation: $6,250-$6,750/month; commensurate with experience
About the Levitt Foundation
The Mortimer & Mimi Levitt Foundation is a national social impact funder that partners with nonprofits to build thriving, more connected communities through the power of free, live music. We realize our mission of building community through music through two core programs: the Levitt venue program and the Levitt AMP [Your City] Grant Awards, a multi-year grants program. In 2022, more than 500 free outdoor Levitt concerts are taking place in 25 towns and cities across America, bringing joy to more than 750,000 people of all ages and backgrounds.
The Levitt Foundation is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI) throughout our organization and all aspects of our work, recognizing this commitment as essential to realizing the Levitt mission. Our commitment to EDI fosters a culture where team members can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in the value of every individual and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity. To learn more about the Levitt Foundation and the national Levitt network, visit levitt.org.
The Levitt Foundation is seeking an experienced, high-performing Senior Programs Manager to provide effective management support to the Foundation’s growing national portfolio of grantees, with a focus on the Foundation’s portfolio of Friends of Levitt (FOL) venue partners. This is an exciting opportunity to join a collaborative team environment, working across the organization with Foundation staff and closely with the Programs team, as well as the national network of Levitt venue partners and grantees, to optimize the Foundation’s grantmaking efforts and maximize potential impact in communities.
Aligned with the Foundation’s values and mission, the Senior Programs Manager will play a key role in identifying resources to support the Levitt network, manage network-wide collaborations and programming, manage audience and grantee data collection, and support the development of new Levitt venues and implementation of new grant programs.
This position will be responsible for various aspects of national network activities related to Levitt’s mission-driven work, including national convenings and program initiatives. The ideal candidate will have previous program and project management experience and an interest in traveling to communities across the country. This position requires strong administrative, writing, analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills, along with a passion for Levitt’s mission of supporting free, outdoor concerts as a means to create equitable, activated public spaces and invigorate community life.
Major Areas of Responsibilities
• Manage portfolio of Friends of Levitt (FOL) venue partners including tracking of deliverables, best practices, disbursements, and reporting
• Manage all aspects of Foundation-supported FOL data collection for each Levitt venue, including support materials and staffing, for audience surveys and annual reporting
• Review and analyze collected data to identify support resources, shared Levitt network priorities, and assess outcomes
• Build and maintain strong, authentic relationships with new and current Levitt partners and grantees
• Perform site visits of FOL venue partners and current grantees to nurture relationships and discuss feedback and ideas regarding Levitt Foundation support
• Identify, develop, and manage capacity building tools, support resources, and learning opportunities for FOL partners and AMP grantees
• Ensure program-related information and resources are current on the Levitt network’s grants management portal and information exchange platform
• Collaborate cross-departmentally to facilitate information and resources sharing amongst the Levitt network
• Manage various components of national Levitt network convenings, venue group site visits, and in-person gatherings
• Develop and manage national Levitt network programming collaborations, such as the Levitt National Tour, to highlight the collective impact of Levitt in communities and support local community engagement
• Manage a range of administrative functions to support the development of new Levitt venues
• Provide support in the development and implementation of new grant programs
• Play a role in creating processes and systems to support efficiencies within the Programs department
• Remain abreast of evolving practices in the fields of philanthropy, creative placemaking, arts funding, performing arts presenters, and EDI
• Represent organization at events, conferences, and other related activities
• Perform other related duties as assigned
• 7-9 years of experience in effective project management and program management
• Outstanding interpersonal skills with ability to develop productive relationships with colleagues, grantees, partners, stakeholders, and potential applicants
• Excellent project management skills with a strong ability to balance multiple, often competing, priorities, without loss of attention to detail
• Innovative and critical thinker with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent writing skills with keen ability to communicate clearly
• Working knowledge of creative placemaking and driving social impact through the arts; experience in the performing arts a plus
• Ability to commit to and interest in traveling throughout the country for site visits and national conferences, up to 2 to 3 times per month primarily during summer and fall; duration of travel is approx. 2 to 4 days per trip
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and willingness to learn new technologies; experience with Macs a plus but not required
• Willingness to adapt as programs evolve and comfortable adjusting based on organization and grantee needs
• Strong leadership qualities with ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment
• Self-motivated with high degree of initiative
• Passion for the Levitt Foundation’s mission and commitment to incorporating equity, diversity, and inclusion throughout the organization and all aspects of our work
• Willingness to work flexible hours, including some nights and weekends
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
To apply, email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, including “Levitt Foundation Senior Programs Manager” in the subject line.
The Levitt Foundation offers a dynamic work environment and competitive salary commensurate with experience. Benefits include health insurance, 401(k), and other benefits. EEO/AAW employer.
Our Commitment to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion: We deeply understand the value of bringing together a team with different perspectives, backgrounds, and life experiences, and we prioritize diversity within our team. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.