Mortimer & Mimi Levitt Foundation
Los Angeles, CA 90026
Position Title: Programs Associate
Reports To: Director of Programs
Location: Echo Park, Los Angeles, CA; hybrid: remote (2 days/week), office (3 days/week)
Time Commitment: Full-time
Announcement Date: Friday, October 7, 2022
Applications Due: open until filled
Compensation: $26.00 - $28.85/hour; commensurate with experience
About the Levitt Foundation
The Mortimer & Mimi Levitt Foundation is a national social impact funder that partners with nonprofits to build thriving, more connected communities through the power of free, live music. We realize our mission of building community through music through two core programs: the Levitt venue program and the Levitt AMP [Your City] Grant Awards, a multi-year grants program. In 2022, more than 500 free outdoor Levitt concerts are taking place in 25 towns and cities across America, bringing joy to more than 750,000 people of all ages and backgrounds.
The Levitt Foundation is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI) throughout our organization and all aspects of our work, recognizing this commitment as essential to realizing the Levitt mission. Our commitment to EDI fosters a culture where team members can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in the value of every individual and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity. To learn more about the Levitt Foundation and the national Levitt network, visit levitt.org.
The Levitt Foundation seeks a self-motivated and highly organized Programs Associate to join a collaborative team environment, providing high-level administrative support to the Programs team through a range of tasks, including coordinating multiple aspects of the administrative processes that support the organization’s grantmaking cycles, database management, record maintenance, and grant application processing. This position will also help coordinate various national Levitt network activities related to Levitt’s mission-driven work, including national convenings and collaborative, network-wide program initiatives.
The ideal candidate has a high aptitude for administrative responsibilities, as well as a strong work ethic, enjoys dynamic problem-solving, and is detailed-oriented. Excellent writing, analytical, and interpersonal skills are a must, along with a passion for Levitt’s mission of supporting free, outdoor concerts as a means to revitalize public spaces and invigorate community life. This is a full-time, non-exempt position that may require some travel.
• Review grant applications for completeness, organize applications and coordinate review process
• Prepare and send grant agreements and acknowledgment, award, and decline letters, and other correspondences with grantees and applicants
• Track grant cycle timelines and key dates and coordinate with Programs team accordingly
• Track grant deliverables and work closely with the Programs team to ensure receipt of deliverables
• Compile various grant-related information, enter into analytical tools and prepare reports, charts, or other presentations
• Create and maintain file structure for grant cycles, projects, and other initiatives in Salesforce and SharePoint database platforms
• Build and run query reports in Salesforce, SurveyMonkey, and other data management platforms
• Provide administrative support for grant programs and resources for Levitt grantees and partners
• Perform administrative functions supporting the development of new Levitt venues
• Archive collateral materials, significant documents, and branded items of Levitt grantees and partners
• Work closely within cross-departmental teams to facilitate information sharing between grantees, partners, and Foundation staff
Meeting Support and Event Coordination
• Coordinate meetings and conference calls; assist with preparation of meeting materials
• Assist with facilitation and logistics coordination for national Levitt network initiatives, events, and activities including, but not limited to, tours, network-wide programming, partnerships, and convenings
• Assist in reviewing, responding, and routing inquiries received in Programs department email boxes
• Assemble Levitt information packets for inquiries and presentations
• Assist with work-related travel, including logistical arrangements, and compiling expense reports for the Programs team
• Perform administrative functions that support grantee data collection, including audience surveys and Levitt network reports
• Serve as a Levitt ambassador and provide support for the organization’s presence at events, conferences, and other related activities
• Perform general office and clerical duties including, but not limited to, answering phones, filing, making photocopies, and coordinating mailings
• Assist with special projects as directed
• Perform other related duties as assigned
• 5+ years of relevant experience
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and listening skills; great phone presence with ability to deliver excellent guest service
• Excellent attention to detail and accuracy; highly organized
• Familiar with MS Office Suite; strong computer proficiency; experience with Macs a plus but not required
• Strong project coordination skills with demonstrated track record; strong ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines
• Ability to problem solve, think creatively, and adapt to shifting priorities as needed
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced, evolving environment
• Highly self-motivated with ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a national team
• High degree of integrity handling sensitive and confidential information
• Passion for the Levitt Foundation’s mission and commitment to incorporating equity, diversity, and inclusion throughout the organization and all aspects of our work
• Willingness to work flexible hours, including some nights and weekends
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
To apply, email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com, including “Levitt Foundation Programs Associate” in the subject line.
The Levitt Foundation offers a dynamic work environment and competitive salary commensurate with experience. Benefits include health insurance, 401(k), and other benefits. EEO/AAW employer.
Our Commitment to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion: We deeply understand the value of bringing together a team with different perspectives, backgrounds, and life experiences, and we prioritize diversity within our team. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.