Senior Manager of Development
218 East 18th Street, Ground Floor
New York, NY 10003
Current status of hiring process: Dance/NYC is currently accepting applications. Tier I interviews are expected to commence in late May. Placement is expected in early August.
Want to unite your passion for arts and advocacy with your passion for development? Come work at the growing nonprofit that provides leading services to dancers in the metropolitan NYC area. Dance/NYC offers a collaborative environment with room for innovation and growth.
Dance/NYC is looking for a full-time Senior Manager of Development who will be responsible for executing developmental initiatives and priorities under the direction of the Executive Director.
The compensation package includes a salary of $65,000 - $70,000 based on experience and competitive benefits.
- Health insurance and 403(b)
- Variety of paid time off offerings, including paid vacation
- Professional development stipend and bonus program
Review the Job Description and list of qualifications by clicking on the link below:
Your cover letter should include detailed answers to each of the following questions:
- Why are you interested in working as the Senior Manager of Development at Dance/NYC?
- The Senior Manager of Development will be called upon to work on a range of projects that require the ability to relate to different audiences, manage stakeholder relationships, and problem-solve in different contexts. What relevant skills and experiences would you bring to this work?
- How would you characterize your understanding of the NYC dance ecosystem? How would you craft strategy around Dance/NYC’s work to develop meaningful engagement within the dance community while growing the prominence of NYC dance across sectors? How would you develop storytelling of the dance field that centers disability and racial justice and that recognizes and denounces xenophobia?
- Please share any experience you have planning and executing special events. What are your considerations when planning an event?
- What areas are you most excited to grow in as the Senior Manager of Development? .
- Dance/NYC is a values-driven organization, please review our values of Justice, Equity, and Inclusion (found at: www.dance.nyc/equity/values) and discuss two instances in your professional career where you have demonstrated at least one of them?
- What is important to you in a workplace?
The position is open until filled, but preference will be given to those candidates who apply on or before May 9, 2022. Preference will also be given to those candidates able to commit to two years.