Public Engagement and Communications Manager
Asian American Arts Alliance
20 Jay St # 740
Brooklyn, NY 11201
The Asian American Arts Alliance seeks a full-time Public Engagement and Communications Manager.
This position is responsible for the development, implementation, and day-to-day management of all artist- and arts organization-focused programs of A4 and is responsible for overseeing all external communications (including the e-newsletter, social media, press releases, and website content) in keeping with the organization’s mission supporting the issue of race equity in the arts.
* Design, develop, implement and manage core programs as well as new initiatives to continually improve the execution of A4’s mission.
* Develop content/timelines, manage logistics, and oversee day-to-day details for programs such as Town Hall, ConversAAtions, roundtables, and workshops.
* Track, evaluate, and report on programmatic activities and data, including budgets, on a regular basis.
* Maintain and cultivate new programmatic relationships in the arts and Asian American community, including artists, government agencies, media, corporate partners, and nonprofit partners.
* Work closely with staff colleagues on the programmatic segments of fundraising events and occasional artist presentations at corporations’ diversity group events, as well as other fundraising activities (including grant applications and final reports) to resource, develop, and promote programs.
* Develop the strategy/content/timelines, manage logistics, and oversee day-to-day details for A4 marketing communications and public relations efforts including the A4 website, e-newsletter, press releases, e-mail communications, and social media.
* Track, evaluate, and report on communications activities and data on a regular basis.
* Design and create collateral and promotional materials to support the marketing, communications, and outreach for all public programs based on newly developed identity standards.
* Oversee and monitor the organization’s visual and general brand identity, ensuring message discipline and consistent visual identity.
* Perform basic photography and videography tasks as needed and/or supervise external vendors to document public programs.
* Hire and supervise interns as needed in partnership with Development Manager.
* Perform other duties as directed.
The Public Engagement and Communications Manager reports to Executive Director.
This is a full-time position (40 hours per week with occasional evenings).
Salary: $42,500 plus competitive benefits package (health insurance, paid vacation and sick leave)
The position requires a highly organized and creative individual who has a passion for the arts and the role it plays in fostering a vibrant and healthy society. A demonstrated commitment to the arts and/or Asian American issues is preferred.
The successful candidate should have at least three years of hands-on programming and communications experience in the arts, including some managerial experience and a general understanding of artists’ and/or non-profit organizational issues across artistic disciplines. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and spoken), a collaborative and collegial working style (especially on a small team), and the ability to take initiative and handle multiple projects and deadlines are a must. Experience developing a communications strategy, building a press list, forming relationships with media, writing press releases, and monitoring media engagement is a plus. Knowledge of content management systems, Adobe creative suite, Google analytics, email marketing software is preferred.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to email@example.com with PE&CMGR in the subject line on or before February 3, 2020.
A4 is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, sex, age, national origin, creed, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, or political affiliation.