Programs & Communications Associate
FARSIGHT is a boutique leadership & organizational development and coaching consultancy. We help create socially conscious and healthy leadership practices and organizational cultures. Our mission is to prioritize Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and Anti-oppression as a core leadership competency, fostering a sense of Belonging for all. We work with socially conscious business leaders and their teams to create motivating workplace environments that empower all to rise in their talents. Our work is rooted in a simple question, what future do we want to create?
Our values are grounded in our collective capacity to learn, grow and evolve. We believe in having each others’ back, both internally and with our clients. We insist on joy, transparency, and clarity in all our communications, especially the courageous ones!
We are looking to hire a part-time Programs and Communications Associate to support FARSIGHT’s administrative and business development related growth. This exciting new role will be instrumental in supporting our current and new clients’ efforts to build more inclusive and equitable workplaces. This key addition to our team requires someone with great attention to detail, impeccable organization, superb listening and communication skills (written and verbal), be empathetic, strategic, and enjoy engaging with people online.
This part-time position will require approximately 10-12 hours per week. Compensation is based on experience ranging $25 - $35/hour. Though not a prerequisite for this position, there is an opportunity for commissions on any new business generated.
- Project Management – Implement appropriate PM software (Asana) to ensure the team stays on track with project progress.
- Communication & Scheduling - Initiate and continue client communications and scheduling based on project and client needs.
- Social Media – Create and implement social media calendar and posts, leveraging new and repurposed content to grow social presence, build community, and increase brand awareness; Minimum one post per week.
- Zoom Producer – Serve as facilitator’s backup support for client workshops and monthly FARSIGHT FRIDAY zoom events, including pre-event guest coordination and ensuring live events run smoothly and on-time.
- Meeting Minutes – Participate in client calls, ensuring agendas stay on track and meeting minutes are documented.
- Support with client-facing deliverables as assigned, possibly including (but not limited to)
- Agendas and Slide Decks – Create client presentations and pitch decks.
- Client communications – reminders, scheduling etc.
- Client Reports – Collect, summarize, format and design responses and prepare reports for sending to clients.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with strong time and project management skills across multiple programs and initiatives.
- Strong work ethic with ability to work effectively both independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- HIGHLY reliable and honest with capability to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Believes in open and honest communication for the greater good of all.
- Highly motivated to problem solve. A solution-oriented mindset where every problem is an opportunity to solve problems and create smoother systems. processes, and communications.
- Thrives on working with individuals across all racial/ethnic identities, gender identity/expression, sexual orientations, physical and mental abilities, and ages.
- Excellent writing, communications, and proofreading skills for our internal, client-facing and social media processes.
- High capability and interest in leading and scaling social media platforms, especially LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook. Familiarity with Hootsuite and Canva is a plus.
- Outgoing, self-motivated go-getter with ability to build and maintain trust and speak professionally and confidently with all stakeholders.
- Passion for social justice issues and desire to contribute towards elevating these topics through a lens of EDIA (Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, Anti-oppression)
- Comfortable with and committed to maintaining confidentiality with all client information.
- We are looking for at least 1-2 years of experience and skill sets for the responsibilities laid out above.
- There is opportunity to scale this role in various capacities in the future.
- Please note, while there is plenty of opportunity to learn and grow in this role, this position requires someone who can inherit, own and drive multiple projects and initiatives seamlessly.
- Demonstrated interest in or experience with promoting EDIA (Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, Anti-oppression) initiatives in workplace environments.
- Experience working with social media, web, and design platforms (in particular, the candidate should be familiar with Hootsuite, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, and Canva),
- High proficiency with project management and productivity tools. Expertise in Gsuite (Google Workspace - Gmail, Gdocs, Sheets), Asana, Zoom, Excel, PowerPoint
If you are passionate about
* social justice, fostering the highest standards of EDIA (Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, Anti-oppression) in the workplace
* staying organized, building systems for team organization with the highest standards for attention to detail, accountability, and follow-through,
* problem solving and creating solutions to drive more efficiency and smoother processes and you believe you would be a great fit for this role, we want to hear from you!
Please fill out this form, which contains a few short questions about you and room to upload your resume and any other supporting documents, by Monday, October 10, 2022.
If you have any questions, or would like to share your materials in an alternative way (audio, video, etc.) please contact Hannah Fenlon at firstname.lastname@example.org.