Production & Operations Associate
Lower Manhattan Cultural Council
125 Maiden Lane, 2nd Floor
Founded in 1973 as Lower Manhattan Cultural Council, LMCC serves, connects, and makes space for artists and community. LMCC seeks a permanent full-time Production & Operations Associate to join immediately. Reporting to the Executive Director, Finance & Administration, this person will have primary responsibility for supporting all activities at LMCC’s Arts Center at Governors Island, and is also involved in the space needs and logistics for our other public venues and satellite spaces.
• Oversees organization, tracking and maintenance of the A/V equipment storage room at LMCC’s Arts Center at Governors Island and provides support of the A/V equipment storage room at LMCC’s office
• Responds to equipment requests in a timely manner and provides guidance in production planning for LMCC events, residencies, and space rental activities
• Acts as support staff for all LMCC spaces including productions, rentals, events, exhibitions, meetings, and other forums at LMCC’s Arts Center at Governors Island
• Works with the Executive Director, Finance & Administration, to coordinate site activation, move-ins and move-outs and improvements of all spaces, including the Arts Center, our office at Maiden Lane, and satellite spaces
• Serves as point of contact with landlord, building management and related vendors, including café operator at LMCC’s Arts Center at Governors Island
• Manages facility-related coordination, including overseeing space use calendar, load-in and load-outs, and logistics for artistic, programming and space rental needs
• Conducts regular space walk-throughs and check-ups to ensure cleanliness and appropriate and safe usage of all LMCC spaces and shared equipment
• Schedules facilities maintenance, cleaning, repairs, inspections, improvements and security
• Works with IT team to troubleshoot and ensure smooth functioning of LMCC’s technology infrastructure, including its network, software, hardware, printers, phones and other tools
• Assists in creating office procedures and systems and space use guidelines; and maintaining Office Guidelines Manual
• Generates independent contract agreements as needed (based on experience)
• Serves as support staff for organization-wide events as needed
• Other duties as assigned
RequirementsQualifications: Strong candidates for this position will have:
• 2-3 years of experience in production, performing arts venues, art space exhibitions, gallery installations, or museums
• Knowledge of general A/V equipment such as projectors, TVs, VCRs, DVD/CD players, Speakers, and other sound equipment
• Working knowledge of IT systems and management a plus.
• Valid driver’s license. Must be able to lift and move up to 50 lbs.
• Excellent organizational, written, verbal and analytical skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive information. Ability to maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees, other agencies and the public.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, prioritize workload and meet deadlines, as well as manage details while being graceful and diplomatic.
• Strong interest and/or knowledge of the diverse artistic disciplines LMCC presents and communities we serve.
• Proficiency using Mac OS, Salesforce or equivalent database and Asana or task management tool