Lower Manhattan Cultural Council
New York, NY 10038
Founded as Lower Manhattan Cultural Council, LMCC is a dynamic non-profit organization that serves, connects, and makes space for artists and community. Since 1973, LMCC has been the champion for independent artists in New York City and the cultural life force of Low-er Manhattan.
LMCC seeks up part-time temporary Production Assistants from May 24 through July 1 for the 2021 River To River Festival running from June 10-30, 2021.
Production Assistant(s) will report to the Creative Producer and Production Manager and support the Public Programs department. The seasonal Production Assistant(s) will work with the Festival Production Manager to provide technical needs for all River To River Festival events, support load-in, run, and load-out for site-based performances and the installation of visual art projects, operate sound and lighting equipment as needed, and supervise interns and volunteers (as needed). The dates are flexible from May 24 – July 1, 2021.
The Production Assistant position is an opportunity to work closely on the production of events across several varying artistic disciplines and types of venues, including historic land-marks, parks, and plazas.
· Working with LMCC Production Manager to identify technical needs for projects and develop production plans
· Prepping equipment for Festival projects, under direction of Production Manager
· Coordinating and assisting in transportation of equipment rentals, purchases, and LMCC inventory to and from Festival sites and venues
· Assisting in the operations of one track of several distinct projects, including artist management, run, strike and load-out of performing arts events, and varying needs depending on the venue and type of event.
· Working with Front of House and Production volunteers on site
· Ensuring all established COVID-19 protocols in accordance with New York State health and safety guidelines are followed by events attendees
· Representing LMCC through interactions with audience and artists
· General administrative tasks related to production (i.e. inventory management, etc.)
Strong candidates for this position will have:
· Experience working on production of live performing arts events (dance, theater, mu-sic)
· Knowledge of setting up and operating sound, lighting, and video equipment pre-ferred
· Experience and interest in stage management and/or technical and production man-agement
· Experience in technical production for outdoor or site-specific work a plus
· Knowledge of New York City and cultural sector
· Excellent organizational and administrative skills
· Ability to remain calm in periods of hectic activity
· Strong communication skills
· Flexibility and a willingness to contribute to other duties as required
· Knowledge of computer programs including MS Office (Word, Excel, etc.), Gmail and Google calendar, and Mac OSX.
· Willingness to work outdoors transporting, setting up, and striking equipment
· Ability to lift 50 pounds
· Driver’s license (preferred)
The ideal Production Assistant has exceptional organizational skills, comfort with setting up, using, and putting away technical equipment (especially sound equipment), an outgoing per-sonality and friendly attitude when representing LMCC through interactions with both audi-ences and artists, and the flexibility to adapt to the needs of many different kinds of tasks, performances, and venues.