Premieres Programming & Marketing Associate
New York, NY 10014
Film Forum, a nonprofit cinema in lower Manhattan, acclaimed for its exhibition of premieres and repertory programming, seeks an organized, self-motivated, collaborative Premieres and Marketing Associate to support the theater’s year-round programming of new independent premieres and maintain the organization’s robust social media presence. The ideal candidate will have a passion for new independent films, and a talent for marketing them through outreach efforts and social media. This position reports to the Artistic Director, and will work closely with the Director of Communications.
- Under the direction of the Artistic Director, research film sources and festival lineups, track titles to be screened, and manage screener list for Premieres programmers
- Create and organize a preliminary festival schedule and strategy in advance of programmers attending the Sundance, Berlin, Cannes, Toronto, and IDFA film festivals, and follow-up on titles of interest post-festival
- Correspond with sales agents / distributors / filmmakers to solicit and respond to screeners
- Work with Artistic Director on weekly showtimes schedule
- Liaise with Repertory department to maintain ongoing master programming schedule
- Provide creative content and marketing ideas for various programming-related communications.
- Assist in proofreading programming and marketing assets.
- Manage outreach efforts as part of an internal team, and forge strategic partnerships with other cultural organizations
- Under the direction of the Director of Communications, manage paid and organic social media schedule and execute daily posting across Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and weekly posting to Tiktok.
- Compile internal monthly social media reports and analysis
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience working in an administrative support role, and/or in an in-office marketing position.
- An organized, detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to keep track of multiple tracks of programming and marketing information
- Knowledge of social media platforms, and experience with social media advertising and analytics
- Creative, collaborative, and open to feedback
- Good communicator
- Tenacious research skills
- Sense of humor