Operations and Programs Manager
801 S Vermont Ave # 201
Los Angeles, CA 90005
GYOPO is a community and volunteer-oriented organization which seeks a motivated individual who is passionate about the arts, social change and coalition building. We are looking for someone passionate about supporting the growth of an organization at a vital juncture, and are inspired to see an organization in the next stage of growth and development. As their second full-time hire, this is an opportunity for someone to build infrastructure in an evolving organization. The ideal candidate must be a resourceful individual with strong self-motivation, organization, communication, collaborative skills, and strong financial and analytical skills. Alongside volunteers, the individual will support and advocate the mission of GYOPO and partner orgs.
This position requires creation of systems and procedures to guide GYOPO’s operation including: relationships with program participants, organizing systems and databases, and event details. This person also manages critical day-today GYOPO’s operations, including general business operations at their storefront in Koreatown. This role requires wearing multiple hats and thriving in a culture that places a high priority on collaboration and team support. The manager is an essential connector between the Steering Committee and Subcommittees (Communications, Development, Programs, Production, Identity/Design, Strategy and New Initiatives), helping increase the effectiveness and efficiency of their collaborative work towards growing and expanding the impact of our programming. This position works alongside the Steering Committee Chair and reports to the GYOPO Steering Committee and Board of Directors.
• Minimum 3 years experience in arts programming, management or equivalent experience
• Minimum BA in Arts and Humanities or equivalent
• Fluency with Google Suite and Microsoft Office
• Good proficiency using information management systems and developing databases; experience with cloudbased apps like Basecamp, Airtable, Asana, etc. is strongly preferred
• Experience in planning, producing and running events and public programs
• Basic knowledge of facilities and office management
• Effective communication in English, both orally and in writing
• Bi-lingual English and Korean is a plus
The annual salary range for this position is $50K-$60K commensurate with experience.
This position’s hours will be performed in a hybrid model with some regular hours remote and some in-person at the GYOPO space as determined with the position’s supervisor, the Steering Committee Chair. Some weeknights and weekend hours may be required.