801 S Vermont Ave # 201
Los Angeles, CA 90005
GYOPO is seeking a highly-organized, responsible, and dynamic Communications Manager. The Communications Manager will oversee, advise, guide staff members and key volunteers in the Communications Committee to raise awareness of the organization. GYOPO is led by an 8-person Steering Committee, each of whom chairs or co-chairs a volunteer committee (Communications, Development, Programs, Production, Identity/Design, Strategy and New Initiatives). This position requires working closely with the Development Committee for key messaging around fundraisers and donation solicitation; collaborate with the Identity Committee on assets aligned with brand and graphic identity, style guide; and work with the Programming Committee to ensure optimal content creation and visibility for projects, press strategy, set up and maintain communications database, templates for press releases.
The Communications Manager will report to the Steering Committee Chair, and will also work collaboratively with the Development Committee on special-event fundraisers and organizational marketing. The Communications Manager will also work with our Communications Strategist and Development Consultants to integrate an organization-wide communications plan and supervise Communications Committee Volunteers.
Duties include but are not limited to:
Together with Communications Strategist, develop, implement, and evaluate the annual communications plan across GYOPO’s various subcommittees, with special attention to the Programs, Production and Development Committees.
- Together with Communications Strategist and key Communications Committee members, draft key messages and narratives for digital, social, events, and publicity.
- Work closely with a number of volunteers and ensure that all activities, messages, and content is executed at a high standard, identify angles, draft content, and prepare content calendars/rollouts that engage audience segments and increase engagement.
- Manage the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral such as newsletters, social media, GYOPO’s website and web store, press, reviews, and announcements with the Communications Committee.
- Advise the Communications Committee Chair and help delegate tasks to Communications committee volunteers.
- Measure, track, and report the effectiveness of channels and recommends strategies and tactics for improving performance.
- Manage and monitor Google Analytics. Develop a feedback system where GYOPO can gather information on its effectiveness re: communications.
- Coordinate webpage maintenance with Operations and Program manager, ensuring new and consistent information (article links, stories, and events) are posted regularly.
- Coordinate and organize annual meetings to go over engagement metrics.
- 2 year communications or related experience
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or related field
- Understanding of marketing strategies
- Experience with writing promotional, programming, and fundraising copy
- Ability to thrive in a non-linear and fast-paced environment
- Understanding of the arts
- Familiarity with Social media, press, and organizational database tools such as Basecamp, Asana, Buffer, Meta Business Suite, Google Suite
Compensation and Contract Period: Starting salary $25/hr; 12-15 hrs/week; cap at 60hrs/month; Review after 3 month period.
This position’s hours can be entirely remote with the exception of in-person meetings and events as determined with the position’s supervisor, the Steering Committee Chair. Some weeknight and weekend hours may be required.