Chamber Music America
12 West 32nd Street, 7th Floor
New York, NY 10001-3813
Chamber Music America’s Performance Plus provides grants to U.S. based gender minority and women-led jazz ensembles to engage an experienced jazz artist-educator for six evaluative listening sessions with the goal of enhancing the ensemble’s performance. The listening sessions will culminate in a recording session resulting in a high-quality demo for use by the grantee ensemble.
The Board of Directors of Chamber Music America has made diversity, inclusion, and equity a primary focus of the organization’s work. CMA’s goal in this program is, through the panel review process, to arrive at a final slate of grantees that is representative of the field in terms of racial diversity, as well as the aesthetic range of jazz. Read about CMA’s Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity.
A component of the Doris Duke Jazz Ensembles Project, Performance Plus is funded by the Doris Duke Charitable Foundation.
RequirementsGUIDELINES and FAQs
- Create a free Submittable account or sign in to your existing Submittable account.
- You may type directly into this online form, or draft your responses offline as a backup, then copy and paste your information into the online application (using Microsoft Word, Apple Pages, Google Docs, etc).
- Upload required files to online form.
- To save the work you have done on your application, you must click the “Save Draft” button at the bottom of the form before exiting. You may return to your saved application to continue working on it by following the log-in instructions. CMA recommends that you also save your draft in an offline document as backup.
- When the application is complete, click “Submit.”
- CMA will confirm receipt of your application via email.