Online Language Instructor for Asian Languages
315 Madison Avenue
New York City, NY 10017
Hills Learning, a professional language school with a reputation for quality education in Asian languages, is looking to recruit part-time teachers for their core languages: Cantonese, and / or also Japanese, Chinese (Mandarin), Korean, Thai, and Vietnamese.
Our main center is located next to Grand Central in New York City. However, this job we are recruiting for is currently teaching online only, however, in the future we might go back in person. We are looking for part-time language teachers with a passion for sharing their cultures, and an aptitude for teaching their native languages. Our mission is to “inspire the confidence to communicate in a foreign language, stimulate motivation to achieve each individual’s goals, and encourage a lifetime of language learning.
- work with director to develop creative and effective lessons plans
- weekly updates on classes and progress
- preparation of own materials, lesson plans and homework while coordinating with school on curriculum and assessment requirements
- hour commitments vary per job, however, our busiest hours are either weekday evenings / weekends, or sometimes mornings
- teaching experience recommended, or relevant experience
- online teaching experience preferred, but will train right candidate
- we are looking for someone who can teach on weekday evenings and / or weekends
- Right to work in the US
- Fluency in the language you’d like to teach
- Work experience is ideal but will train the right candidate