LOEWE FOUNDATION Craft Prize
Read the Rules of Entry and make sure you comply with all requirements. All participants must be professional artisans 18 years or older. Entries may be made by an individual or collective (as a ‘group submission’). All nationalities are welcome.
Make sure the work: demonstrates artistic intent in addition to technical proficiency is an original piece, handmade or partly handmade is recently created (in the last five years), and one-of-a-kind, and has not won any prizes previously is innovative, in the sense that it updates tradition falls within an area of the applied arts, such as ceramics, bookbinding, enamelwork, jewellery, lacquer, metal, furniture, leather, textiles, glass, paper, wood, etc.
Complete the online registration in English: you need 2 to 5 photographs of the work (or series) and optionally a video. Write a brief conceptual statement about the work. Submit your application by 25 October 2023.
All entries should
- fall within an area of applied arts, such as ceramics, bookbinding, enamelwork, jewellery, lacquer, metal, furniture, leather, textiles, glass, paper, wood, etc.
- be an original work, handmade or partly handmade
- have been created in the last five years
- be one-of a-kind
- have won no prizes previously
- demonstrate artistic intent.