Line Producer (Seasonal)
Barrington Stage Company
Barrington Stage Co, 122 North Street
Barrington Stage Company, an award-winning professional theatre in the Berkshires of western Massachusetts, is seeking a Line Producer for their summer 2022 season. The Line Producer is an important position within the Producing Team in the day-to-day operations and producing of shows on our St. Germain Stage and Mr. Finn’s Cabaret, both located inside of our Blatt Center for the Performing Arts.
This position runs late May through late August, with flexibility for the right candidate. The position receives a weekly pay of $750 and housing is provided. The position reports directly to and closely with the Artistic Producer.
RESPONSIBILITIES (include but are not limited to):
- Oversee the daily producing of shows on the St. Germain and Mr. Finn’s Cabaret.
- Work with Artistic Producer and Production Management team to make sure all productions come in under budget and the work is of the highest possible quality.
- Check-in with St. Germain productions on a regular daily basis to ensure they have everything they need in order to be successful while at Barrington Stage; reporting back to the Artistic Producer.
- Oversee Cabaret performances, including organizing talents’ needs, front of house arrangements and bar management/scheduling.
- Liaise with other departments on St. Germain and cabaret needs.
- Assist the Artistic Producer on other projects as assigned which may include line producing additional special performances, script reading or other producing related tasks.
- Passionate about theatre – writers, directors, actors and designers
- Extensive first-hand experience in collaborating theatre artists in a professional setting
- A keen understanding of the theatre-making process and the challenges and demands of a producing theatre on a summer schedule
- A forward thinker, capable of discovering new, more effective ways of doing old things
- Ability to run with a new idea after analyzing the pros and cons.
- Great project management skill
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- High level of self motivation
- A driver’s license is required; a car is highly recommended