Gala Special Events Assistant (Temporary)
The Public Theater
New York City, NY 10003
Temporary Gala Assistant
The Special Events Team is looking for an enthusiastic and detail-oriented candidate to help support The Public Theater’s Annual Gala which is taking place this May. This role will assist the department with daily tasks in preparation for the event, including building invite lists and sending invitations, processing RSVPs and donations, and communicating with donors over email and phone. Reporting to the Director, Special Events this role will have the opportunity to experience and support the fundraising and coordination needed for a large-scale event. This position is full-time, working approximately 40 hours/week, from February through June, with some nights and weekends required, in addition to some heavy lifting. This is a hybrid position that can work from home but is required to be on-site for events, invitation mailings, and other office days.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Manage all donation tracking, ticket sales, and solicitation activity in Tessitura for the Gala.
• Handle outgoing and incoming emails and calls for ticket sales and event confirmations.
• Communicate event information to internal and external stakeholders.
• Maintain all event sales and attendance reports.
• Execute Gala invitation mailings and coordinate in house volunteer efforts.
• Process gift forms and collect pledges for donations into database.
• Help coordinate donor program acknowledgement.
• Work with the Advancement Services team to send invoices and execute pledge payment follow up, create and send tax acknowledgement letters, and reconcile revenue.
• Supports Events team on all Gala administrative needs.
• Assist in ticketing for the Annual Gala and other Special Events when needed.
• Attend additional partner events and opening nights to work check-in as needed.
• Additional duties to be assigned as needed.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong attention to detail and organization
• Excellent customer service skills
• Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects at once
• Tessitura or database experience strongly preferred, but not required
• Ability to work on individual projects or in a team environment
• Must be able to work evenings
• Experience with Word, Excel, Outlook, and Google Drive
Hourly rate is $22.00, commensurate with experience. This a Non-Exempt position according to the Fair Labor Standards Act. To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
COVID-19 and Vaccination Policy:
• As a condition of employment, The Public will require all who report to work on-site (either at The Public Theater or any other workspace or performing location) to receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
The Public is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, age, or veteran status.