Educational Program Coordinator
Jamaica Center for Arts & Learning
161-04 Jamaica Avenue
Jamaica, NY 11432
The Jamaica Center for Arts and Learning (JCAL) is recruiting an ambitious Education Program Coordinator to help implement JCAL’s after-school and in-school residencies and workshops, including its CASA and SU-CASA programs.
The right candidate will be highly self-motivated and demonstrate contagious enthusiasm, creativity and passion. S/he will be experienced collaborating with diverse individuals and programs; will possess excellent organizational skills; and will present as a personable, teamwork-focused problem-solver.
- Operate seamlessly within JCAL’s Education Department to help implement after-school and in-school residencies and workshops, including its CASA and SU-CASA programs, as well as other community-outreach programs as assigned.
- Serve as point person for coordinating with, and communicating among, teaching artists, teachers, and stakeholders at partner organizations.
- Assist in the pre- and post-production for culminating on-site and/or off-site events.
- Assist with data collection and documentation for final reports.
- Travel, as needed, between Queens schools and senior centers.
- BA/BFA, or equivalent professional training and experience in the performing arts.
- Depth of experience working with diverse populations and catering to a wide range of abilities.
- Committed to, and passionate about, arts education; substantive musical background a major plus.
- Proficient in interpersonal and relationship-building skills, and time management.
- Highly organized, with particularly strong skills at meeting deadlines and multitasking.
- Proactive approach to project execution in tight timeframes, and always with a positive attitude.
- Ability to produce work calmly and quickly in a fast-paced, rigorous environment.
This is a part-time seasonal exempt position. Salary is commensurate with experience. JCAL is an Equal
Opportunity Employer and committed to the goal of building a culturally diverse staff and strongly
encourages applications from minority candidates. Qualified individuals, please submit a resume and
short cover letter, including salary requirements, to firstname.lastname@example.org.