The Korea Society
New York, NY 10017
The Korea Society is seeking a highly motivated person to assist all aspects of the development including day-to-day coordination of membership marketing and retention activities, implementation of special fundraising events, database administration, researching potential supporters. The development officer will also support work in other activities of the Society on an as-needed basis. The development officer reports to The Korea Society’s senior director of Development.
- Assisting and implementing campaigns to attract and retain new members of The Korea Society
- Meeting annual membership goals
- Identifying, keeping abreast of, and utilizing best practices in corporate and individual membership development
- Corresponding with current and potential members
- Assisting in the development of plans and timelines for membership appeals and renewals
- Preparing all collateral and promotional pieces necessary for membership development
- Concepting, planning and implementing member programs
- Maintaining a database of donors and members that includes tracking for contribution acknowledgement and communications with current and former members
- Generating annual membership reports and financial summaries
- Assisting with office tasks and all communications for membership development meetings and events
- Assisting in the successful execution of special events including the annual dinner, golf tournament, annual new year’s party, annual Global Financial Leaders Forum, Young Professionals’ Night, and other development programs from planning/proposal stage through coordination of the event, staffing and breakdown
- Drafting/editing letters of inquiry, proposals, fundraising reports, and online contents for department’s events
- Performing other duties and responsibilities to support the Development Department as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years relevant experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in office productivity software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate well with staff, contributors, and the general public
- Self-motivated and detail oriented
- Ability to work independently and take initiative, as well as collaborate as part of a team
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent tasks, prioritize and meet tight deadlines
- Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM application preferred
- Bi-lingual competence in Korean are preferred.
- Position requires working occasional nights and weekends for events
- Must be eligible to work in the US
- 10 vacation days per calendar year for the first two years of service
- 10 sick days per calendar year
- 4 personal days per calendar year.
- Health Insurance, Dental & Vision
- 403 (b) retirement plan.
About the Korea Society:
THE KOREA SOCIETY is a private, nonprofit, nonpartisan, 501©(3) organization with individual and corporate members that is dedicated solely to the promotion of greater awareness, understanding, and cooperation between the people of the United States and Korea. In pursuit of its mission, the Society arranges programs that facilitate discussion, exchanges and research on topics of vital interest to both countries in the areas of public policy, business, education, intercultural relations and the arts. Funding for these programs is derived from contributions, endowments, grants, membership dues and program fees. From its base in New York City, the Society serves audiences across the country through its own outreach efforts and by forging strategic alliances with counterpart organizations in other cities throughout the United States as well as in Korea.
Please send a cover letter and résumé to (email@example.com).
Please do not follow-up on applications by phone.