113 West 60th Street, Room 924 Fordham University, English Department
New York City, NY 10023
Kundiman is in search of a Development Manager who is self-directed, takes initiative, and is able to work collaboratively, as well as independently. The Development Manager connects Kundiman to individual and institutional supporters, which is vital to the sustainability of Kundiman’s mission to nurture writers and readers of Asian American literature. Candidates must be based in the New York City area and will report to the Executive Director. This position will be conducted remotely, but will require in-person presence at the Benefit and at cultivation events when it is safe to gather in person.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement Kundiman’s individual fundraising plan, which includes three fundraising campaigns annually.
- Organize and oversee all aspects of donor events, including the annual benefit, cultivation events, and Patron Circle Cocktails.
- Draft and send out development copy and other communications via social media and e-blast.
- Organize, pull reports from, and update Kindful, our donor database.
- Create donor materials, including personalized thank you letters.
- Manage the distribution of scholarships for funded scholarship programs.
- Assist at annual conferences and festivals, including AWP, AAAS, and Brooklyn Book Festival.
- Oversee the work of Development staff.
- Any reasonable tasks asked by Kundiman.
Title: Development Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
Pay Rate: $50,000–$55,000, depending upon experience
$850 monthly healthcare stipend
30 days paid time off, plus holidays
- At least two to three years of experience in nonprofit fundraising
- Exceptional writing ability, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Communications experience with focus on website, social media, e-blast, and design
- Highly organized with attention to detail
- The ability to be a self-starter and to manage multiple projects
- Commitment to the arts, social justice, and Asian American community