Center for Book Arts Main Gallery Proposals
Center for Book Arts
New York, NY 11103
Center for Book Arts invites curators and artists to submit Main Gallery exhibition proposals at The Center for Book Arts. We are seeking proposals that elaborate, challenge and contribute to the artistic, theoretical, historical, and contemporary aspects of Book Arts.
This exhibition series is intended to provide contemporary interpretations of the book as an art object and/or related media, as well as to challenge traditional notions of the book arts. Exhibitions that feature a broad representation of media, site-specific installations, and performances are encouraged.
The Exhibitions Committee is especially interested in proposals for:
- Exhibitions that will further and/or challenge the discourse of book arts within a contemporary artistic criticism, particularly theme based explorations.
- Exhibitions that will advance the field of traditional bookmaking practices, particularly by showing a wide range of artists.
- Focused exhibitions of multiple artists demonstrating a cohesive artistic trend or subject matter.
Round 1 Application Deadline: March 15, 2021
All submissions must be submitted online via submittable and include:
Resume or CV uploaded as a PDF
- A 500 to 1000-word exhibition proposal indicating the visual and conceptual vision of the exhibition and public programs.
- Proposed list of works with the title, year, medium and dimensions, with thumbnail images of items to be exhibited uploaded as a PDF.
- 5-10 images of works to be included or, if images are not available, please submit images of exhibitions you participated in organizing within the last 2 years. Images uploaded in jpg format and should be a minimum of 800px and maximum of 1200px in either direction.