Call for Artwork
Coalition of Asian Pacific Americans
20 Jay Street
New York, New York 11201
The Coalition of Asian Pacific Americans (CAPA) is looking for a poster and visual identity design for the 41st Asian American Pacific Islander Heritage Festival on Saturday, May 16, 2020. The festival will include more than 50 APA organizations throughout New York City, performances, demonstrations, and food vendors, and will take place in Chelsea on West 27th Street between 6th and 7th Avenues from 11:00 am to 4:00 pm.
CAPA is a New York-based advocacy organization dedicated to addressing the community needs of the Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) community. CAPA’s main goal is to build partnerships with community, social and non-profit organizations to reach new audiences through:
• promoting cooperation and understanding among Asian American and Pacific Islander organizations
• fostering friendship among Asian American and Pacific Islanders and others in the community
• promoting, representing, and advocating the interests of Asian American and Pacific Islander communities
• providing a conducive environment for encouraging Asian American and Pacific Islanders to utilize their history, culture, and art to foster self-esteem and respect for their heritage
• expose the greater community to AAPI culture and its contributions to society
The winning submission will receive a $125 honorarium
The poster design should reflect the goals of CAPA and create excitement and interest in the festival with a strong graphic to call attention to the event. The design will be incorporated into social media formats as well as printed posters.
Key text elements to include:
• Title: 41st Asian American Pacific Islander Heritage Festival
• Date: Saturday, May 16, 2020, 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM
• Location: West 27th Street between 6th and 7th Avenues, New York, NY
• Sponsor: CAPA • Coalition of Asian Pacific Americans
Once the winning submission is selected, we will require a high res tiff, jpg, or PDF file that incorporates CAPA and sponsor logos and can be used for print and digital formats.
The winner must be committed to completing final artwork by April 30, 2020.
Please submit your scalable design in a PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org with CAPA Festival Design in the subject line by 11:50 PM on Sunday, March 8, 2020.
Download a copy of the call here.