A.D. Hamingson & Associates
AD Hamingson & Associates (ADH&A) is a full-service consulting firm providing strategic guidance to our clients on fundraising and organizational planning.
ADH&A empowers organizations to define, design and achieve their goals for long-term sustainability.
Our work is rooted in the value of each client’s mission, the communities they serve, and their unique position in the cultural ecology. We offer a high-contact service approach that is individually tailored to the client’s own capacity, personnel, history, and trajectory. We collaborate with our clients as partners and look forward to working together as we collectively shape the future of your organization.
We are seeking a collaborative individual with excellent communication and project management skills who will provide hands-on supervision of client engagements, enabling them to fulfill their mission and goals.
Job Title: Associate Consultant
Position Overview: The Associate Consultant is an integral part of the ADH&A team with primary responsibility for managing client projects, interfacing with clients, and ensuring successful, accurate, timely client deliverables. This individual may collaborate with other members of the ADH&A team—Principal, Senior, and Associate Consultants and Project Coordinators—to support all client needs in fundraising campaign planning, strategic planning, interim staffing, or other ADH&A client engagements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provides strategic support and/or counsel on client projects and to other members of the ADH&A team
- Develops and writes proposals, decks, and any other materials necessary for client engagement
- Prepares agendas and meeting materials and runs efficient, productive client meetings
- Oversees and/or prepares confidential prospect research reports, donor profiles, and solicitation briefings for use by consulting team and clients
- Builds and manages prospect spreadsheets for client projects, including tracking prospect cultivation and solicitation, recording prospect notes, and updating reports
- Works to deliver high quality work to clients in an efficient, cost-effective manner
- Other duties as assigned
Experience and Skills:
We encourage interested applicants who feel they are a good match for this position to apply regardless of previous professional or educational experience. The most important qualities we seek are (a) enthusiasm for our clients’ work and projects, and (b) a desire to provide consistently excellent service. In alignment with our values, we are seeking candidates who are committed to equity and inclusion in their own work/practice, and through their work with ADH&A.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 3-5 years experience in fundraising, experience in performing arts organizations, consulting, or strategic planning a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Suite, Internet, Wealth Screening and prospect research services and techniques
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to craft persuasive, compelling, well-written, and polished donor communications, proposals, and solicitation materials.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills (verbal and written) that include sensitivity to donor information.
- Excellent planning and organizing skills; ability to manage and prioritize simultaneous projects and deadlines.
- Detail oriented and demonstrated ability to synthesize, consolidate, and interpret information and data accurately, quickly, and concisely.
- Strong qualitative and quantitative analytical and research skills. Proficiency in conducting donor research, with experience in recognizing and assessing wealth indicators and giving.
This is a part-time, Independent Contractor, hourly position.
Compensation $75 per hour.
Anticipated hours per week may range from 20 to 30 hours.
Flexible location (remote) and hours, but preferred availability during normal business hours (9am to 5pm EST).
Must have daily access to email, computer with high speed internet, and phone.
ADH&A is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We strongly encourage people of color, women, LGBTQIA+ individuals, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.