Associate Box Office Manager
Barrington Stage Company
Pittsfield, MA 01201
Barrington Stage Company is seeking an Associate Box Office Manager to join our team in Pittsfield, MA. Reporting to the Box Office Manager, the Associate Box Office Manager is a core member of our marketing team, assisting with marketing projects and providing crucial support in managing our summer box office staff. BSC is a not-for-profit professional theatre company in the Berkshires with a three-fold mission: to produce top notch, compelling work; to develop new plays and musicals; and to engage our community with vibrant, inclusive educational outreach programs.
Barrington Stage Company recognizes that it is a predominantly white institution and is actively working to become a more just, equitable and anti-racist theatre. We strongly encourage candidates of color, and/or from diverse backgrounds/underrepresented groups to apply.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
● Provide outstanding customer service to patrons, fulfilling orders via phone and in person and welcoming patrons to our spaces.
● Assist in management of the database, including running reports, conducting analysis and overseeing regular data cleaning to ensure accuracy.
● Oversee daily operations including running house, performance and end of day reports, fulfilling comp ticket requests, and overseeing the half-tix program.
● Conduct calls and build relationships with local businesses to solicit ads for our season playbill as well as telemarket to season subscribers.
● Manage seasonal staff/interns, training them in our system and policies.
● Work alongside the Marketing team to brainstorm audience development ideas and possible marketing strategies
● Process all ticket donation requests from community groups and other not-for-profits.
● Familiar with a Point of Sale or Customer Relationship Management system
● Proficient with Microsoft Office and Google Suite
● Experience managing and motivating a team
● Customer service experience is required, a variety of roles encouraged
● Must be comfortable handling/counting cash and working with financial statements
● Ready to engage with the public on a daily basis, resolving conflicts and providing a seamless experience from purchase to show
● Self-starter with an attention to detail and ability to take on independent projects.
● Flexible schedule; box office hours include evenings and weekends while in performance.
This position is full-time exempt. Salary is $35,600 with benefits including paid vacation; health, dental, vision and life insurance offered; cultural exchange program with other Berkshire organizations; offer includes 60 days of company housing.