Artist Relief Fund
Artist Relief Fund
N/A, N/A N/A
Artist Relief is an emergency initiative organized by the Academy of American Poets, Artadia, Creative Capital, Foundation for Contemporary Arts, MAP Fund, National YoungArts Foundation, and United States Artists—all mid-sized national arts grantmakers that have come together in this unprecedented moment—to distribute $5,000 grants to artists facing dire financial emergencies due to COVID-19; serve as an ongoing informational resource; and co-launch the COVID-19 Impact Survey for Artists and Creative Workers, designed by Americans for the Arts, to better identify and address the needs of artists moving forward.
The fund will operate through June 23, 2021. Grants will be available and distributed over four months to allow time for internal processing as well as communication to reach as many artists as possible, especially those who may not have immediate access to technology or other resources to complete an application quickly. Due to the magnitude of this crisis, we anticipate more requests for funding than there are funds to distribute.
RequirementsPracticing artists living in all 50 states, Tribal Nations, and territories including American Samoa, Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands are able to apply. Applicants must be 18 or older, able to receive taxable income in the United States regardless of their citizenship status, and have generally lived and worked in the United States for the last two years
To be eligible, you must be able to answer ”Yes“ to the prompts listed below. Please note that the Artist Relief coalition partners will make final eligibility determinations as needed.
* I am a practicing artist able to demonstrate a sustained commitment to my work, career, and a public audience;
* I am experiencing dire financial emergencies due to the COVID-19 pandemic;
* I am 18 years of age or older;
* I can provide a Social Security Number (SSN) or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) after I’ve been notified of my selection;
* I have been living and working in the U.S. for the last two years;
* I am not a full-time employee, board member, director, officer, or immediate family member of any of the coalition partners;
* I have not previously been awarded a relief grant from this fund