2021 Creative Climate Awards
Human Impacts Institute
Brooklyn, NY 11211
The Human Impacts Institute’s Creative Climate Awards are an annual series of events that showcase artists creating climate-inspired, public works. In an effort to inspire us to think more critically about our actions and their impacts, the Creative Climate Awards program uses the arts and creativity to share knowledge, broaden the climate conversation, educate, and incite action.
This year’s Creative Climate Awards are focused on the intersection between health and climate change. Your film should inspire action, not just talk about the problem. We urge your submission to address the following prompt:
• If someone was moving into your neighborhood and asked how your community is addressing climate change what would you tell them?
WHAT WE ACCEPT
• Films (shorts, feature length, PSAs, documentaries) that speak to health and climate solutions
• We are not accepting 2D works or performative works this year
WHAT YOU GET
• Chance to win prizes of $1,000, $600, and $400
• In-person in NYC and virtual global screenings
• Work viewed by our mentors and partners
• Submissions will be considered for licensing by PBS All Arts
• Submissions Due: 11:30 pm, August 9th
• Selections Announced: August 23rd
• Screenings in September and October
Thanks to the Taipei Economic Cultural Office in NYC, PBS All Arts, and Invoking the Pause for their support.
We will evaluate three main components of each submission:
• Strength of messaging and connection to climate change;
• Artistic merit and impact; and
• Feasibility of project (in terms of permitting requirements, materials, etc.).
All applications must be received by August 9th at 11:30pm EST to be considered for the current calendar year. Learn more at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bZjVV_G_21-Tv11LxusBFydF3ysFeBgJdNySdWdY0tU/edit