Dance/NYC Digital Town Hall: Navigating COVID-19 for Immigrant Artists: Rights, Relief, and Resources
6 – 8PM
Join Dance/NYC for a digital town hall event discussing the necessary resources for immigrant dance makers and cultural workers as they navigate the impacts of COVID-19.
This panel discussion will also include insights on legal rights and immigration status, resources for undocumented artists and disabled immigrant art workers, access to pandemic support in response to public charge stipulation and community-led resources, and advocacy tools for organizations to support and protect immigrant art workers.
Featured participants include:
• Alejandra Duque Cifuentes, Executive Director, Dance/NYC
• Anu Joshi, VP of Policy at the New York Immigration Coalition
• Candace Thompson-Zachery, Mgr. of Justice, Equity & Inclusion Initiatives, Dance/NYC
• Emily Ladau, Disability Activist, Writer & Public Speaker
• Michael Cataliotti, Business Immigration and Transactions Lawyer
When: Tuesday, April 28, 2020, 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Where: Facebook Live
This event is FREE and Open to the Public.