Museum of Science
Boston, MA 02114
Jul 12, 2022
The Immersive Theaters Technical Producer takes responsibility for overseeing the technical work involved in developing programs and producing digital content for the Museum’s Immersive Theaters (Planetarium, Omni, 4D, and associated digital/online activities). They work in collaboration with other department producers and external creative or technical partners to ensure the successful technical implementation of Immersive Theater projects and experiences, and manage the visuals development process for the production of original digital content for the theaters, including fulldome Planetarium productions for the Charles Hayden Planetarium. The Technical Producer recommends and implements tech solutions that enable the innovative use of the Museum’s immersive venues, assists with the training and coaching of other team members on equipment, tools, processes, communication, and workflows to expand internal capacity for these experiences, and serves as a point person and advisor for technical questions related to the Theaters. As part of the Immersive Theaters team, they also participate in the development, delivery, and refinement of live educational programs, including presenting Planetarium shows and supporting smooth daily technical operations across all of the Immersive Theaters.
- Post high school course work, technical degree, associate’s degree, business or vocational certificate.
- 4 or more years of technical production, including theater technical operations, multimedia development, and large-format digital content production experience. Experience in theater operations, theatrical event production, and/or technical production and understanding needs of a theatrical venue
- Experience with multimedia content production, including audio/visual production and/or 2-D and 3-D animation software, techniques, and workflow
- Demonstrated experience problem-solving, organizational skills, exercising sound judgement, and strong attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
- Proven experience and aptitude to discover technical solutions for multimedia-based venues, including hardware and software implementation troubleshooting
- Knowledge of current and evolving technology and systems including projection, screen, sound, lighting, and and/or show control systems
- Ability to lead and/or coordinate work of a creative team, informing and making artistic and technical decisions, dividing up and fulfilling responsibilities, and coordinating well with peers
- Experience with technical delivery of live events and/or performances