Teaching Artist Project 2021
Teaching Artist Project
11 Broadway, Suite 508
New York, New York 10004
Due to the continued outbreak of COVID-19, TAP will be held virtually and restructured into two sessions, Fall (Oct-Dec) and Spring (Feb-March). Applications for the spring session will open in December 2020. Additionally, the focus of the sessions will be, “How can we deepen our teaching artist practice to meet the needs of this transformative moment?” This will include workshops on facilitating in a virtual environment, art as a vehicle for liberation, career development, and fieldwork focused on applicable classroom skills, building your portfolio, and administrative skills and experience.
Please see a detailed overview of the fall program here. The application deadline is February 1st with an early bird deadline of January 11th.
Application Deadline: February 1st, 2021
Early Bird Application Deadline (for $100 off tuition): January 11th, 2021
Application Requirements: Incomplete submissions will not be considered. Application is considered complete upon submission of all of the following materials:
- Personal Information & Narrative Questions
- Resumé or Curriculum Vitae
- Artistic Samples (Do not submit student work. Please share your own creative work. If you work in multiple art forms, submit the discipline in which you work most frequently).
Acceptable artistic samples (include year created):
3-4 pages of poetry or prose
3-4 images (JPG or PDF format)
3-4 production/performance programs (mark where name appears)
Productions/performances list with descriptions, dates and venues
1-2 MP3 files
1-2 AVI or MPG video files (no WMV files)
• Submit completed application form
• Writing submissions must be in English.
• Except when applicable (as described above), submit all materials in MS Word or PDF formats.
• All applications and materials must be received by February 1st at 5pm
• Qualified applicants will be invited to attend a group interview. Group interviews will be held on February 4th & 5th. All invited applicants must attend one group interview to be considered for a placement in TAP.
• Applicants will be notified of acceptance status the week of February 8th.