177 Main St
The Scheduling Manager is responsible for all aspects of the reservation process for field trips, Traveling Science Workshops, birthday parties, and evening rentals—and for the customer satisfaction with that process. Responsible for interacting with diverse customers, enforcing and interpreting policies, and working closely with all departments to coordinate a successful customer experience from the initial contact, through the reservation process, to the Museum experience itself.
Responsibilities include: Serves as initial point of contact for potential and repeat customers, in a warm and professional manner; maintains accurate records of detailed reservations, including payment records, in multiple database systems and complicated calendars; coordinates routinely with Assistant Director of School and Group Programs, Field Trip Manager, Traveling Science Workshop instructors, Materials Prep staff, and Visitor Services; and more. Please see the full job description for a complete list of responsibilities and qualifications.
Schedule: Monday through Friday, 24 to 32 hours per week
RequirementsQualifications & Skills:
• Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Better than average verbal and written communication skills.
• Friendly and highly personable with a background in customer service and/or education strongly valued.
• Ability to communicate with diverse customers and navigate logistically complex scheduling needs.
• Strong basic technology skills (Outlook, Google Calendar, Word, Excel and comfort with learning new systems).