Robert Giard Grant
The Robert Giard Foundation
140 2nd Avenue, Suite 502
New York, NY 10003
In partnership with The Robert Giard Foundation, Queer|Art’s first international grant of $10,000 supports the creation of work by emerging LGBTQ+ photographers. The Robert Giard Grant for Emerging LGBTQ+ Photographers is made possible entirely through support provided by The Robert Giard Foundation.
Previously known as The Robert Giard Fellowship (2008-2018), the grant is named in honor of photographer Robert Giard (1939-2002), a portrait, landscape, and figure photographer whose work focused on LGBTQ+ lives and issues. The grant focuses on supporting emerging LGBTQ+ photographers whose projects address issues of sexuality, gender, or LGBTQ+ identity. This year, the grant winner will receive $10,000, and the first-runner up will receive $5,000.
Funds can be requested to support new or ongoing work at any stage of development. For questions, email Robert Giard Grant Manager Ka-Man Tse at email@example.com.
RequirementsFunds can be requested to support new or ongoing work at any stage of development. For questions, email Robert Giard Grant Manager Ka-Man Tse at firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATIONS OPEN - NOVEMBER 16, 2020
COMPLETE APPLICATION - JANUARY 21, 2021
What information does the application require?
* Contact info, narrative bio, and headshot
* One sentence description of the proposed work with which you are applying
* Three short essay questions on work proposal, project timeline, and additional information
* Proposed budget for completing the work
* 2 references that can speak to your practice
* Work samples (15-18 Items, Details Below)
Work Sample Specifications:
Choose from any of the following formats to upload work samples that best represent your practice. All work samples must be from work created within the last five years.
* Images (Up to 18)
* File size: No larger than 10MB (each)
* File formats accepted: .jpg, .jpeg, .png, .gif, .tif, .tiff, .bmp, .tga
* Color space should be RGB
* Please include title, medium, year, and brief description of each work sample.
* Note: Application fees for all applicants have been waived.
Click here to apply: https://queerartmentorship.slideroom.com/#/login/program/58616