Programs and Communications Assistant
113 West 60th Street, Room 924
New York, NY 10023
Full time / $50,000 + $900 monthly stipend for healthcare / Kundiman / New York, NY
Kundiman is hiring a Programs & Communications Assistant! The Programs and Communications Assistant is a full-time position that reports directly to the Programs Manager and Communications Manager. They are primarily responsible for the management of external communications, including social media, and assisting in the production of Kundiman programs. This is an entry-level position with opportunities for growth. This position will be conducted remotely, but candidates must be based within commuting distance of NYC, as the assistant will need to attend events and programs in NYC.
The assistant will help to organize programs including online classes, readings, and annual programs such as the Retreat. They will create newsletters and update the website, interact with the community on social media, make graphics for programs, and take initiative in our communications strategy. They may have the opportunity to manage an intern in the future. In 2024, this position will assist with an oral history and literary archive project in honor of Kundiman’s 20th anniversary.
- Assist with social media and other communications strategies for outreach and promotion.
- Draft copy for readings, events, and official announcements, as well as creating and managing newsletters and uploading contacts to Kundiman databases.
- Assist with planning, coordinating, and implementing Kundiman programming, including online classes, readings, the Retreat, and an oral history project.
- Attend in-person events when safe to do so, including giving introductions, or helping to take photographs and circulate email signup lists at in-person events.
- Assisting with tabling and preparation for annual conferences and festivals.
- Update Kundiman website for new programs, announcements, and calendar.
- Manage Kundiman’s email@example.com email inbox.
- Keep programming data archive up-to-date for all Kundiman programs.
- Have competency with Adobe Photoshop and graphic design.
- Have exceptional writing ability, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Enjoy social media and want to contribute to our overall communications strategy.
- Are highly organized with excellent attention to detail.
- Are passionate about and committed to the arts, social justice, and serving the Asian American community. Familiarity and fluency with Asian American literature is a plus.
- Have the ability to work independently and collaboratively, to be a self-starter, and manage multiple concurrent projects.
- Live within commuting distance of the New York City metropolitan area.
- Have experience in arts programming, social media, communications, or nonprofits (internship experience included!). Familiarity with programs, such as MailChimp, Squarespace, Kindful, Formstack is a plus.