Forward Momentum Chicago
1530 S State Street Unit G-01
Chicago, IL 60605
Founded in 2013, Forward Momentum Chicago (FMC) is a leader in dance education and provides programs and cultural opportunities for youth predominantly in the south and west side communities. Our mission is to inspire possibilities through dance education programs that strengthen schools and communities with limited arts access. FMC is driven by strong partnerships with Chicago Public Schools and the Chicago Park District and brings a variety of dance styles cultural awareness to approximately 6,000 diverse youth in grades K-12 each year. Our four core programs – In/After School Residencies, Free Saturday Classes, Summer Dance Camp, and After School Matters – are tailored to support every child.
At the heart of FMC’s work is a commitment to diversifying the field of dance by creating equitable opportunities for any child – regardless of race, abilities, or financial standing – to have access to high-quality dance instruction and the ability learn and pursue the arts. Through dance, students gain the confidence to try new things and are inspired to achieve goals and dreams they may not have thought possible for themselves or their communities.
FMC is a 501©3 not-for-profit organization with a budget of approximately $900,000 through earned and contributed revenue. For more information, please visit forwardmomentumchicago.org.
The Program Coordinator is a full-time, salaried position requiring exceptional organization and communication skills. The Program Coordinator is responsible for maintaining all communications and schedules for Forward Momentum Chicago programming activities, including but not limited to the internal Google calendar and working with a variety of individuals in a variety of settings. This position will provide administrative support for all of FMC Programming including Summer Dance Camp, Saturday Dance Classes and After School Matters. The Program Coordinator works closely with the Executive Director, Program Manager and the Programming Team.
Coordination and Administrative
• Manage and maintain FMC Programming Calendar and Programming Worksheet
• Coordinate schedules between Teaching Artist and School Partner
• Manage and maintain all Teaching Artist related materials and scheduled meetings
• Collect, confirm, and document invoices and progress reports from Teaching Artists bi-weekly for payroll
• Maintain student data for reports and grant purposes
• Work with Executive Director and Program Manager to coordinate programs, meetings, performances, and special events
• Oversee and manage costume and dance attire inventory
• Support year-long After School Matters partnership with administrative tasks by coordinating required meetings, interviews, paperwork, and attendance
• Collect applicable consent forms from parents, students and schools for participation, filming, and programming
• Complete reports/paperwork for schools as needed, including but not limited to maintaining Forward Momentum Chicago’s profile in artLook Maps
• Serve as liaison and between programming team and other departments in gathering materials for events and media
• Assist with other projects as required
Summer Dance Camp and Summer/Community Programming
• Manage all administrative aspects of Summer Dance Camp Registrations for multiple sites, including but not limited to, ordering camp supplies, developing and distributing registration forms, ensuring the collection of consent forms and media releases, and providing support during the Summer Dance Camp Interview process
• Coordinate with the Director of Operations & HR and Program Manager to ensure that attire and supplies are ordered correctly and in a timely manner.
• Coordinate and communicate any facility and program requirements to participants and parents
• Secure and create all support materials for Summer Dance Camp instructors, including but not limited to, speakers, First Aid kits, and student and parent information binders
• Coordinate weekly field trips for Summer Dance Camp, including but not limited to researching and confirming field trip locations, negotiating prices and contracts, and confirming and managing transportation for field trips
• Assist Program team and Teaching Artists on costume needs and pull costumes for performances as needed
• Coordinate technical needs based on venue and provide support
• Coordinate with Marketing Department to secure photography and video needs throughout the year
• Work with Programs team to design and distribute performance/show programs for major performances throughout the year
• Serve as an ambassador, promote FMC dance programs and the FMC Summer Dance Camp
• Protect the organization by keeping information confidential
• Other duties as assigned
• Salary is in the $44,000-48,000 range, commensurate with related experience
• Forward Momentum Chicago offers a comparable benefits package that includes PTO, paid holidays, health/vision/dental insurance, and the opportunity to contribute to a 403b plan.
• Exceptional organization and communication skills
• Proven experience managing schedules and being nimble when unexpected changes occur
• Previous experience managing partnerships with many layers of relationships
• Interest and general knowledge in dance and/or education
• Strong time-management skills, including the ability to balance multiple priorities
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Working knowledge of Windows platform and Microsoft software expected,
• Strong Excel skills, Gmail, Google Drive, Google Docs and scheduling software
• Experience with social media strongly preferred
• Strong ability to work collaboratively and independently
• Belief in arts education for all students
• High social emotion intelligence
• Professional demeanor
• Responsible, committed, able to keep deadlines
• This position operates primarily in an office environment with wireless internet and limited space. The position may be remote on an as-needed basis.
• This position routinely uses technology such as laptops, cell phones, and a/v equipment as well as standard office equipment such as photocopiers, scanners, filing cabinets, and common office supplies
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and see. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and use hands to operate equipment. This position may require long periods of sitting
• This position requires a reliable cell phone with the capability to add apps for communication with participants and staff, i.e., Remind, Google Phone, etc.
• This position requires a fingerprint background check for partner agencies, i.e., Chicago Public Schools, YMCA, etc.
• The employee will occasionally lift objects up to 50 pounds, with assistance if needed
• This is a full-time position. Evening and weekend work is regularly expected when the schedule is determined by shifting needs of the organization
• There may be frequent travel to and from different program sites. A reliable personal vehicle, valid driver’s license, proof of insurance, and a clean driving record are preferred.
• Forward Momentum Chicago is a smoke- and drug-free in all administrative and program sites
• Required to provide documentation of U.S. citizenship or eligibility to work in the U.S.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Decisions and criteria governing the employment relationship with all employees are made in a non-discriminatory manner, without regard to race, ethnicity, creed, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, citizenship status, military service and/or marital status, order of protection status, handicap, disability, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes.