Lower Manhattan Cultural Council
125 Maiden Lane, 2nd Floor
Founded as Lower Manhattan Cultural Council, LMCC is a dynamic non-profit organization that serves, connects, and makes space for artists and community. Since 1973, LMCC has been the champion for independent artists in New York City and the cultural life force of Lower Manhattan. LMCC seeks a seasonal Production Coordinator to join immediately. Reporting to the Senior Festival Producer, this person will have primary responsibility executing all aspects of LMCC’s 2023 River To River Festival.
Location: Multiple locations across Lower Manhattan and on Governors Island
Reporting to: Thom Taglioli, Senior Festival Producer and Shana Crawford, LMCC Technical Producer
Dates: April 3rd – July 7, 2023 starting part time through April and increasing to full time in May and June, then back to part time for one week in July.
Compensation: $10,000 contract
Expectation of Time: This role is a combination of Part Time and Full Time work. The weekly schedule for this role is as follows:
● April 3rd to April 28th approximately 20 hours per week
● May 1 to June 30 approximately 40 hours per week
● July 1 - July 7 approximately 20 hours per week
● Works closely with the Senior Festival Producer on festival planning, production and logistics for all performances or projects in conjunction with River To River 2023.
● Works with the artists, producers and respective production managers to understand production and technical needs of each presentation – audio, visual, lighting
● Sources all material and equipment needs either via LMCC’s inventory or through outside vendors
● With LMCC staff, festival artists, Senior Festival Producer and Technical Producer, develops detailed production schedules for each presentation and oversees load-in and load-out
● Arranges and coordinates all load-ins and load-outs
● Maintains detailed timelines and “run of shows” for all festival events
● Oversees all material and equipment delivery and pick-up
● Works with LMCC Staff and Front of House Coordinators to finalize audience experience
● With LMCC staff, finalizes necessary COVID-19 protocols for each performance or
project in accordance with New York State health and safety guidelines
● Coordinates festival-related invoices and payments for the Senior Producer to process.
● Manage festival production assistants: work alongside the Senior Producer and Technical Producer to develop schedules and delineate responsibilities for the festival.
● Assist in the search and onboarding of festival production assistant staff.
● Manage calendar of Production Assistants including scheduling and location/program
● Assist in the supervision of the Production Assistants during the festival, managing break
schedules and relief turnover.
RequirementsQualifications: Strong candidates for this position will have:
● 3+ years experience as Production Coordinator, Technical Manager, Event Production, Audio Technician or crew head
● Experience production managing live performing arts events (dance, theater, music)
● Experience in technical production of outdoor or site-specific work, a plus
● Familiarity with setting up and operating technical equipment including audio and video
equipment and generators
● Knowledge of New York City and cultural sector, its vendors, and production standard
● Demonstrable project management skills in varied settings
● Excellent organizational and administrative skills
● Ability to work independently and as part of a team
● Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive information.
● Ability to maintain effective working relationships with fellow staff members
● Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, prioritize workload and meet deadlines,
as well as manage details while being graceful and diplomatic.
● Ability to keep a professional demeanor especially when communicating with creative
partners, stakeholders and venue staff.
● Uphold professionalism in person throughout the festival’s execution as a representative
of the LMCC staff.
● Excellent communication skills digitally and in person.
● Ability to foster collaboration within internal and external teams and to establish and
maintain productive communication and workflow.
● Driver’s license (preferred)