Lotus Music & Dance
310 Riverside Dr., #210, Room 210
New York, NY 10025
Lotus Music & Dance seeks to hire a Part-Time (may lead to Full-Time) Office Manager who reports to the Executive/Artistic Director. Throughout the year, the Lotus Music & Dance engages interns and temporary, part-time assistance, as needed, to accomplish its goals.
The 2020 Program schedule includes World Dance Passport, Drums Along the Hudson: A Native American and Multicultural Celebration, a Drums Along the Hudson Benefit Fundraiser, World Dance Passport: Travel the World Through Dance, World Dance Festival: Dancing Across Cultural Borders and World Dance Passport Arts-in-Education Programs and Outside Bookings.
ABOUT LOTUS MUSIC & DANCE: Lotus Music & Dance is a not-for-profit 501©(3) organization, was founded in 1989 whose mission is to keep alive and accessible music and dance traditions from around the world. Lotus provides public access to a variety of high quality multicultural performances, classes and workshops in traditional ethnic forms of dance and music. We also have an extensive Arts in Education (AIE) program which we offer to schools throughout the tri -state area, primarily NYC public schools.
REQUIREMENTS: The Office Manager should have a commitment to Lotus’s mission; core values; and its equity, diversity, and inclusion initiative within the workplace and in the field. They should be collaborative, empathetic, and resourceful, and be able to productively work with a diverse staff, board, and network of external partners. Outstanding interpersonal verbal and written communication skills are essential, as are strong attention to detail and dependability. Proofreading is essential. Optimal candidates will have a commitment to learning and growth for themselves and their colleagues. We are seeking someone with experience in producing events and/or performances, as well as a knack for designing and executing efficient processes
and an ability to quickly learn new systems.
In addition to these qualities, we are seeking someone who has:
- A minimum of 2 years experience in dance/music/theater events, fundraisers , and/or festivals.
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge, and experience in planning or coordinating festival events in a collaborative capacity.
- Familiarity with the dance field as production personnel, an administrator, or an artist.
- Exceptional organizational and problem-solving capabilities, as well as the ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- Experience supervising staff, interns, and/or volunteers, in the workplace and/or on site at productions or events.
- Working knowledge of Google Drive and Microsoft Office functionality.