NYSCA/NYFA Artists with Disabilities Grant
29 West 38th Street
New York City, NY 10018
Jun 06, 2023
May 04, 2023
The NYSCA/NYFA Artists with Disabilities Grant program will distribute one-time cash grants of $1,000 to artists with a disability who have experienced financial hardship due to the COVID-19 crisis to cover art related expenses. The grant will be open to visual, media, music, performing, literary, and multidisciplinary artists who live in New York State.
- Applicants must identify as disabled.
- Applicants need to be actively creating in visual, media, music, performing, literary, or multidisciplinary arts. There should also be public engagement with the artist’s work such as exhibitions, shows, community-based programs, performances, or other public presentations of the artist’s work.
- Applicants need to provide documentation of a sustained commitment to their artistic practice from any time over the past 4 years (2019 to date).
- Applicants must be 21 years or older on or before Tuesday, April 4, 2023.
- Applicants must be current New York State residents for at least the past twelve months.
- Recipients of Cycle 1 or Cycle 2 of the NYSCA/NYFA Artists with Disabilities Grant cannot apply. This is a one-time grant.
- Applicants can be past recipients of any of NYFA’s other grant programs.
- Applicants do not need to be U.S. citizens but must be able to provide a W-9 with a Social Security Number (SSN) or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) or EIN (after selection).
- NYFA employees, members of the NYFA Board of Trustees or Artists’ Advisory Committee, and/or an immediate family member of any of the above cannot apply.