NYC Women's Fund for Media, Music and Theatre
New York City, NY 10018
The NYC Women’s Fund for Media, Music and Theatre provides grants to encourage and support the creation of digital, film, music, and live or online theatre content that reflects the voices and perspectives of all who identify as women.
The program provides:
- Finishing grants* for film and digital projects
- Funds for the creation of music recordings or videos
- Production funds for live or online theatre
In addition to being made by, for, or about all who identify as women, projects are eligible if they feature a prominent woman perspective; and/or include a woman-identified director and/or producer and/or writer/songwriter and/or engineer (for recordings) and/or woman-identified protagonist(s) or lead musical role.
*To be eligible, projects need to have completed principal photography.
Grants will be given in the following categories:
- Fiction Feature (running time of 60 minutes or more) – up to $50,000
- Fiction Short (running time of 59 minutes or less) – up to $25,000
- Fiction Webisode/Webseries (all forms) – up to $20,000
- Documentary Feature (running time of 60 minutes or more) – up to $50,000
- Documentary Short (running time of 59 minutes or less) – up to $25,000
- Documentary Webisodes/Webseries (all lengths and forms) – up to $20,000
- Music (all categories) – up to $20,000
- Theatre Production – up to $50,000
- Applications open: August 22, 2023 at 10:00 AM ET
- Applications close: November 1, 2023 at 11:59 PM ET*
- Recipients notified: March 2024
- Funded Project completion: March 31, 2025
• Projects must be made by, for, or about women and woman-identified individuals. Projects are eligible if they include and/or feature any of the following: a prominent woman-identified perspective, a meaningful woman-identified producer credit, a meaningful woman-identified writing credit, and/or a woman-identified protagonist(s).
• The applicant (or, if different, recipient of funds) must reside in any of the five boroughs of New York City.