Marketing Associate, Digital Content Creation
New York Theatre Workshop
83 E 4th St
New York, NY 10003
About New York Theatre Workshop:
At New York Theatre Workshop, we work relentlessly to empower visionary theatre‐makers and bring their work to adventurous audiences through productions, artist workshops and education and community engagement programs. We nurture groundbreaking writers like Celine Song and Nathan Alan Davis alongside powerhouse playwrights like Amy Herzog and Ayad Akhtar. We empower inimitable auteur‐directors like Rachel Chavkin and Sam Gold and give invaluable support to tremendous talents like Whitney White and Lileana Blain‐Cruz in the earliest days of their careers. We maintain decades‐long relationships with legendary theatremakers like Will Power, Ivo van Hove, Dael Orlandersmith, and Caryl Churchill, who have shaped our very understanding of what theatre can be.
Since our founding in 1979, we’ve produced over 150 fully‐realized productions including Jonathan Larson’s Rent; Tony Kushner’s Homebody/Kabul; Doug Wright’s Quills; Claudia Shear’s Dirty Blonde; Rick Elice’s Peter and the Starcatcher; Glen Hansard, Markéta Irglová and Enda Walsh’s Once; and David Bowie and Enda Walsh’s Lazarus. Enabling our artists to push boundaries generates work like Anaïs Michell’s Hadestown, Mfoniso Udofia’s Ufot Family Cycle, Heidi Schreck’s What the Constitution Means to Me and Jeremy O. Harris’s Slave Play. NYTW productions have received a Pulitzer Prize, 25 Tony Awards, 2 Grammy Awards and numerous Obie, Drama Desk and Lucille Lortel Awards.
But that’s not what we’re proudest of. We take the greatest satisfaction from the community we’ve built, and the perspective‐shifting experiences we’ve delivered along the way. Even in the middle of a global pandemic, our community has continued to deepen existing connections and expand into new ones. From calls to check in on each other to grants for our artists to brand new education programming, our staff, trustees, artists and audiences have shared in in more than 70 virtual events attended by nearly 70,000 people over the past twelve months. We all think that theatre can bring people together, change the conversation, and have a profound impact. We feel fortunate to get to support it. If that sounds like something you’re interested in too, we’d love to meet you.
About the Team:
Our four-person marketing team is responsible for promoting five major productions per season and a host of new digital content, leading a robust annual membership campaign, and marketing the institution’s many offstage efforts including education and engagement programs, workshop activities, fundraising initiatives, and institutional awareness.
About the Position:
• Dreams up, designs and publishes robust and engaging social media assets that contribute to a cohesive digital engagement and marketing strategy supporting productions, programs, fundraising and membership campaigns.
• With the support of consultants at Capacity Interactive, assesses the efficacy of social media campaigns and refreshes content regularly.
• Supports internal departments with graphic design and audience engagement efforts, including designing programs and flyers, proofreading and supplying graphics.
• Maintains and refreshes NYTW’s website through a content management system.
• Contributes to institution-wide content calendar tracking marketing, communications and social activities and sees each project through to completion.
• Collaborates with marketing team members, including brainstorming, problem solving and teamwork.
• You are committed to an equitable and inclusive community.
• You possess strong graphic design, video editing and promotional copywriting skills and are proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite.
• You’re able to multitask, work efficiently and maintain exceptional attention to detail.
• You have strong written and verbal communication skills.
• You love being creative and connecting with audiences on social media and you’re excited by new platforms and trends in communications and design.
• You share our passion for the theatre and are excited to learn more about the industry.
• You have experience in project management.
This position is overtime eligible. Salary is $42,500. Benefits include employer paid medical, dental and life insurance and paid time off. NYTW has several affinity spaces as well as a Core Team of staff members across the organization committed to moving specific initiatives forward in our focus on Equity, Diversity and Inclusion.
We know there are great candidates that may not have all of the qualifications listed above but possess intuitive knowledge or other fully transferable skills. If that’s you, don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself.
Please see the application instructions for how to apply.
NYTW is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). We are committed to diversity in all areas of our work, on and offstage. We encourage applicants with a unique cultural perspective inclusive of race, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, class, physical ability and sexual orientation.
Please note that NYTW is currently working remotely, but we plan to return to the office in the coming months. Our approach will be based on advice from local, state, and federal authorities, and will take into account the personal situation of every employee. However, this position will eventually require onsite, in-person activity, so the applicant should intend to reside in the greater NYC area.