Interim Managing Director
224 Waverly Place, FL 2
The Interim Managing Director will be covering part of the current Managing Director’s responsibilities during her maternity leave.
- Working with the bookkeeper to monitor expenses, approve payroll expenditures, and oversee employee on-boarding.
- Ensure payment and reimbursement are disbursed on time;
- Supervise Venue Manager, Production Manager, Producing Assistant, Box Office Manager, and Marketing Department;
- Negotiate with Union and artists’ agents; Manage all contracts between Rattlestick and artists, venues, and co-producers, vendors, etc.;
- Supervise budgets with production manager;
- Oversee box office procedures and ticket policies.
- Work with the Artistic Director and Marketing Department to develop and implement marketing programs and strategies to increase and diversify the audiences for productions and branding.
- Direct activities relating to the operations and maintenance of office space;
- Embrace commitment to EDI and Anti-racism by adhering to the company’s Community Agreements and Code of Conduct, and interrupting and reporting actions or behaviors that go against them.
- The Interim Managing Director will be reporting to the Artistic Director.
Ideally, the successful candidate for this role will be an ambitious and energetic leader who combines a passion for the performing arts with significant, relevant experience in producing and financial aspects of a not-for-profit arts organization. They will possess these skills and experiences:
- Excellent budgeting and negotiating skills;
- Strong organization, communication, and interpersonal skills;
- The ability to delegate effectively and inspire staff to do their best work and achieve successful results;
- Excellent supervisory skills and a track record for mentoring and developing staff;
- Fluency in Google Suite.
The candidate must reside in the New York City area, with the potential to work at Rattlestick from Rattlestick’s West Village office. Mid-May to June: part-time; July to early October: full-time. $50,000 - $55,000/year.
Rattlestick is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to the goal of building a culturally diverse staff and strongly encourages applications from minority candidates. Qualified individuals, please submit your cover letter, current resume, and 3 names/contact information of professional/personal references (include name, relationship, phone number, and email address) to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Interim Managing Director - Your Name” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.