Institutional Giving Manager
Barrington Stage Company
Pittsfield, MA 01201
Barrington Stage Company (BSC), an award-winning professional theatre in Pittsfield, MA, seeks an Institutional Giving Manager to join our Development team whose chief responsibility is twofold: 1) oversight of all private foundations, government, and corporate grant writing, and 2) management of BSC’s burgeoning Business Partner program. The Manager must have their finger on the pulse of all company and community happenings to persuasively advocate on the BSC’s behalf. Reporting to the Director of Development, the Manager is a key member of the Development Department.
Barrington Stage Company recognizes that it is a predominantly white institution and is actively working to become a more just, equitable and anti-racist theatre. We strongly encourage candidates of color, and/or from diverse backgrounds/underrepresented groups to apply.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
● Steer all grants through application process from research to strategizing, from first draft to submission and any follow-up reporting
● Track annual grantor calendar and maintain communications with existing and potential grantors, including attending funding meetings and site visits
● Research and identify new government, private and corporate grantor funding sources
● Develop and manage our growing Business Partner Program and maintain relationships with new and longstanding business partners
● Determine and ensure the delivery of Business Partner Benefits
● Other duties as assigned in support of the Development Department include:
○ Assisting with the oversight of BSC’s Galas, openings and cultivation events.
○ Assisting with the cultivation and solicitation of individuals, corporations and businesses.
● Grant writing experience with a proven track-record required
● A strong verbal and written communicator
● A self-starter, who can drive projects forward and work on deadline
● An impeccable degree of organization with acute attention to detail
● The desire to “get out of the office” and build donor relationships
● Availability to work on evenings and weekends, especially from May-October
● Knowledge and passion for theater and the local community is a big plus
This position is full-time exempt with occasional evening/weekend work. Salary range is $42-46,000 (commensurate with experience) with benefits including paid vacation; health, dental, vision and life insurance offered; cultural exchange program with other Berkshire organizations; offer includes 60 days of company housing.