The Pivot Group
1250 Half St SE #357
Washington D.C., DC 20003
Pivot seeks a Graphic Designer for the 2022 election cycle. This is a fully remote position in our Creative Department.
The Graphic Designer works with our award-winning creative and client services teams to produce polished, attention-grabbing materials. We are looking for people who love design, communicate well, think strategically, and are proactive, detail-oriented team players. Ideal candidates will be able to create quick and thoughtful solutions that meet client needs and thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
This is a full-time, temporary position through Election Day 2022 with a competitive salary and benefits. The nature of our business requires long, irregular hours and weekend work as necessary. We expect all staff to be flexible in this area. However, Pivot actively works to ensure all staff maintain a healthy work/life balance.
- Collaborate with the Client Services Department to create smart, strategic concepts that tackle big issues
- Create production-ready work across platforms, including direct mail, brand identity, and digital
- Develop new and original design concepts for clients
- Address and interpret client edits to develop an optimal finished product
- Effectively communicate design concepts to team members and clients
- Participate in creative meetings and brainstorming sessions
- Support the Creative Director with photography, editing, and maintaining organization of file libraries
- Assist the Senior Graphic Designers with mentoring and training additional cycle staff
Compensation & Benefits
The salary range for this position is $3,750 - $5,000 per month, based off employee experience. There is also the opportunity for end of election bonuses, based off individual and firm performance.
In keeping with our commitment to a healthy workplace, all staff receive the following:
- 100% employer-paid premiums for medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Paid Sick Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Equipment and other supplies to furnish your home office
- Annual employer-paid membership to One Medical
- Meal Stipends
Who We Are
A woman-majority owned firm, Pivot is committed to electing Democrats up and down the ballot. We are an energetic team of experts specializing in voter communications through direct mail, advanced targeting, and provide strategic guidance to progressive causes, organizations, and campaigns across the country. And we’ve created a workplace that lets us live out our deepest values. Thank you for wanting to join us.
Want to learn more? Find us on social media @the_pivot_group or visit our website www.thepivot.com
Diversity & EEO Statement
Pivot is committed to building a team of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and identities. Women, people of color, immigrants, people with disabilities, LGBTQIA+ people, gender non-conforming people, and people from low-income backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Pivot follows all Equal Employment Opportunity Policies and employs personnel without regard to: race, ethnic or religious background, descent or nationality, sexual orientation, gender, gender identification, physical or mental disability, marital status, age, height, weight, or military service. This policy applies to employment, internships, internal promotions, training, opportunities for advancement, terminations, relationships with vendors, use of contractors and consultants and in dealing with the general public.
If you require an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us directly at 202-524-0048 or email@example.com and our team will assist you. The responsibilities and requirements listed in this job description are general guidelines – we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all qualifications.
What you bring to the team:
- Portfolio of engaging, strategic work including illustration
- Working knowledge of print design, pre-press, and commercial print processes
- Proficiency designing in Adobe CC (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and WordPress
- Please include the word “Scuba” somewhere in your cover letter
- Commitment to racial equity, social justice, and progressive causes
- Ability to collaborate and a willingness to roll up your sleeves to help colleagues
- Detail-oriented and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Special consideration will be given to candidates that also demonstrate:
- Previous direct mail experience
- Fluency in Spanish
- Understanding of digital and social media strategies
- Ability to think strategically and conceptually
- Exceptional leadership skills
Applicants located in or able to work from a state where Pivot is registered as an employer are strongly preferred. Eligible states include: AL, AZ, CA, DC, FL, GA, IL, MA, MD, MT, MS, NJ, NY, OH, OR, VA, and WI.