Full-Time Marketing Manager at Off-Broadway Theater
520 8th Avenue
New York City, NY 10018
FULL-TIME MARKETING MANAGER
Status: Full-time, non-exempt.
Schedule: Weekday days, with some evenings and weekends when in production; there can be some flexibility in exact hours.
Location: Hybrid position, with some time in our offices in midtown Manhattan and some work from home.
Key relationships: The position works closely with all team members, and is a key collaborator with the Artistic Director and Managing Producer.
Compensation: $50,000 per year.
Timeline: Interviews to be conducted beginning June 20th, start date week of July 18th (flexible).
The Marketing Manager is responsible for strategizing and implementing all marketing efforts. The position works in close partnership with the Artistic Director and Managing Producer to create impactful and consistent messaging for Keen Company.
- Strategizing, organizing, and implementing all marketing and branding efforts for the company’s two mainstage shows and other programing (Keen Teens, readings, workshops, etc), including staying current on trends, setting goals, and following through on projects.
- Strategizing and managing box office and ticket inventory to maximize earned revenue. Working with the venue box office team (typically Theatre Row) as well as outside ticketing vendors such as TDF, TodayTix, Goldstar, Audience Rewards, etc.
- Managing, scheduling, and updating outside vendor eblasts (such as Ticket Central) and ticketing vendors
- Design and management of internal eblasts through Mailchimp.
- Helping to update Keen Company’s website through Squarespace.
- Content creation and management for all social media platforms - primarily Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. Including timely responses to comments and interactions.
- Maintaining and creating digital ads for Google, Facebook, Instagram stories, etc., utilizing analytics to adjust strategies.
- Helping to create necessary programs, flyers, and images.
- Spearheading and editing videos for season announcements, grants, holidays, etc.
- Working with our graphic designer on key art, postcards, and poster designs.
- Assisting in community and audience outreach efforts such as talkbacks, alumni nights, student initiatives, etc.
- Collaborating with the press representative on crafting releases and pitches.
Keen seeks highly motivated individuals who will take ownership of and pride in their work as part of a relatively small team. The ideal candidate will be creative, proactive, organized, detail oriented, and enthusiastic about theater and connecting with audiences.
Basic understanding or proficiency in Google suite, Mailchimp, Squarespace, and social media managers (like Hootsuite or Buffer) is strongly encouraged. Expertise in Digital Marketing is a plus.
Keen Company strongly encourages individuals from historically underrepresented communities including people of color, trans/NB/GNC, women, and disabled people to apply for our openings. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, military status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please email cover letters and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Marketing Manager - Full Name” in the subject line.
Keen Company is a Drama Desk and Obie Award winning Off-Broadway theater about to launch our 23rd Season.
In intimate productions of plays and musicals, the company creates story driven work that champions identification and connection. Keen has brought such wholehearted productions to the stage as “This Space Between Us” by Peter Gil-Sheridan (World Premiere), “Blues for an Alabama Sky” by Pearl Cleage (NY Premiere), “Molly Sweeney” by Brian Friel, “Surely Goodness and Mercy” by Chisa Hutchinson (NY Premiere), “Ordinary Days” by Adam Gwon (first NY Revival, Drama League Nomination), “Tick, Tick…BOOM!” by Jonathan Larson (first NY Revival, Drama Desk Nomination), and a new version of “Marry Me a Little” by Stephen Sondheim (Drama League Nomination).
Keen Teens, our education program since 2007, raises the quality of plays written for high school students by commissioning work from accomplished professional playwrights that teens can identify with. This free program for teens provides invaluable mentorship opportunities - working alongside professional writers, directors, and designers to rehearse and premiere new work. Through our partnership with Concord Theatricals, these plays are published and licensed across the globe.
Launched in October of 2013, The Keen Playwrights Lab brings together three playwrights in mid-career to develop new work through an environment of camaraderie and support. Over the course of a year, each playwright develops a new full-length play inspired by Keen’s mission. The program culminates in a public reading series, where plays are shared with our community, industry professionals, and the general public.
- Our door is always open. We offer people the tools they need to have a positive and welcoming experience. We endeavor to be a trustworthy host to all.
- A good process makes for better art. We strive to foster productive, healthy, joyous collaborations that encourage vulnerability and risk-taking. Kindness, resourcefulness, and enthusiasm are valued here.
- Connection is at the heart of everything we do. We seek out deeper relations with our community of collaborators, audiences, and peers through specificity, honesty, accessibility, and anti-racist practices. We are responsible for our impact both on and off the stage.
Keen is run by a lean and efficient staff, utilizing a team structure to empower managers in each department to work independently as well as collaborate. Rather than a typical top down management style, Team Keen is an effort to share responsibilities among a circle of staff, each an expert in their specialty. The Artistic Director leads a team of managers, who serve as heads of their own department - Development, Marketing, Finance, Keen Teens, New Work, Press, Casting, etc. Much like a rehearsal room, the focus is on collaboration.
You can learn more about our mission, values, and programming on our website at www.keencompany.org. Find us on all social media platforms @keencompany.