Freelance Ecommerce Writer
Good Morning America Digital
GMA Digital is hiring a Freelance Ecommerce Writer to pitch and write stories in support of their ecommerce business. Reporting to the Deputy Managing Editor, GMA, this individual must have experience supporting a commerce editorial community and/or brand.
They are looking for someone who is tapped into the tools and trends that support a thriving ecommerce business, from writing daily stories, to contributing to newsletters, to SEO, to supporting broadcast commerce initiatives and more. The Freelance Ecommerce Writer should be a clear writer, an experienced commerce curator and familiar with audience development tactics.
This role may occasionally work collaboratively with the digital video and social teams to create complete multimedia packages that live across all of our platforms, and will be tasked with preparing articles to align with broadcast segments and initiatives.
* Conceive, pitch, report and write multimedia ecommerce stories that engage digital audiences on a daily basis.
* Use ecommerce data to effectively inform commerce coverage.
* Format articles and produce digital coverage around broadcast ecommerce segments.
* Contribute to commerce newsletters.
* Execute special coverage for special events, including seasonal shopping events.
* Optimize content for SEO and different platforms.
- Minimum 2 years of experience with ecommerce writing for a major brand.
- Strong digital writing skills.
- Excellent time-management, organizational and planning skills with an impeccable attention to detail.
- A willingness to work collaboratively across ABC News and take direction on all editorial decisions.
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Applicants do not need to be located in New York City, but will be expected to sync with the team’s Eastern Time schedule.
- The Freelance Ecommerce Writer should be comfortable with varied hours and schedules as we align with broadcast show schedules and breaking news. Some weekends, early mornings and late nights may be required.
- The Freelance Ecommerce Writer may be asked to contribute to other verticals, which include Family, Living, Food, Wellness, Culture, Style, Travel and News.