Finance and Budgeting Account Manager
138 South Oxford Street, #5A
ArtsPool is an organization that is passionate about providing affordable financial management, workforce administration, and compliance support to nonprofit arts organizations. Their mission is providing excellence in these support areas to allow Arts organizations to focus on what they do best - create! They are looking for a skilled Budgeting and Financial Maintenance professional to join our Financial Maintenance team to support a growing client list of nonprofit organizations. ArtsPool is currently a remote first workplace with an office in Fort Greene, Brooklyn.
FINANCIAL MAINTENANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
The Financial Maintenance Team provides general financial management support to a myriad of nonprofit arts organizations.
The Financial Maintenance Team acts as a critical hub for client data, carefully maintained by Workforce and Financial Operations Teams, that empowers clients to make sound and informed financial decisions for their organizations utilizing up-to-date actuals of all their budgetary costs.
As a Financial Maintenance Lead you will hold 5-7 client relationships in which you will collaborate with member organizations to facilitate budgeting processes, fiscal controls, and ongoing financial matters. Working directly with Executive and Operational Leadership, you are an integral part of our members’ financial capacity.
- Using ArtsPool’s standard templates and processes you will collaborate with your member organizations to help them with best practices and improved financial management. You will develop and maintain organizational budgets and cash projections, file timely non-payroll taxes as applicable (e.g. sales tax) and provide financial information for their grant applications and reports and for use by management and boards (e.g. cash flow projections, income/expense report, budget actuals, year-end reports, income statements, balance sheet), among other responsibilities.
- You will be comfortable working with various regulatory updates (as provided by member organization accountants and others) and proactively put these changes into operational practice with your clients.
- On behalf of your member organizations, you will work with independent auditors to complete member’s annual financial statements and tax returns as well as accurately manage finance-related reporting and uploading of information on various portals including Grants Gateway, SAM.gov, NYC PASSPort, US Census etc.
- You will work as a partner with the Financial Operations Team to ensure the quality of bookkeeping entries for sound fiscal reporting. You will also maintain the chart of accounts, make journal entries, perform cost allocations, and conduct balance sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- You will partner with the Workforce Administration Team to facilitate payroll processing on a weekly basis, monitoring cash requirements and ensuring payroll costs are consistent with the client’s budget.
- You will partner with other teams at ArtsPool to share financial information that helps them perform their work such as payroll reconciliations, workers compensation insurance audits, and revenue recognition documentation.
- Your keen skills in customer service and client management will be fully utilized in your regular communications with your member organizations, which range from day to day queries, regular budget meetings you proactively arrange, as well as other engagement activities as a critical part of the member’s ArtsPool service team.
- As a key service provider to your member organizations you will have demonstrated competencies in the following: clear and proactive communication, superior prioritization and self management, excellent and diplomatic client and customer service, strong relationship building, and a never ending quest to continually improve their financial maintenance.
ArtsPool is committed to sharing a set of responsibilities among all team members to ensure excellence in running operations and alignment with values.
- Support ArtsPool’s values with respect to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and commit to contributing to an environment that treats everyone with dignity and respect.
- Provide support/guidance to other members of the ArtsPool team and ask for support when needed.
- Act as a back-up for other ArtsPool employees as needed when they take time off, and prepare your work for other employees to back you up when you take time off.
- Contribute to the organizational decision-making process and improvement of ArtsPool systems, services, and processes.
- Adhere to ArtsPool’s work processes and procedures including systems use, style guides, communications guide, document organization and retention, security policies, and other operational and corporate policies and procedures.
COMPENSATION AND LOCATION
As part of ArtsPool’s commitment to pay equity, starting compensation for this and all full-time positions is $70,000 annually, with health and dental benefits and a 401(k) benefit plan (a financial advisor is available for consultation). They also offer generous paid time off of 18 vacation days per calendar year, plus 18 federal/regional/religious holidays (including Eid, Yom Kippur, Rosh Hashanah, Lunar New Year, Diwali), and paid sick leave per NYC’s Paid Safe and Sick Leave Law. ArtsPool is currently an open location workplace with an office in Fort Greene, Brooklyn. You are free to work remotely and may be asked to join in-person team meetings from time to time.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Significant acumen in budget creation, maintenance, and reporting required. This includes proficiency in all related spreadsheets, financial statements, and other tools and formats.
- Understanding of basic nonprofit accounting principles is required and experience in ongoing balance sheet management inclusive of net asset tracking is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in complex, fast paced environments required.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines for multiple clients required.
- Demonstrated history as a self-motivated creative problem solver who is willing to work within a team to develop and assist in implementing system improvements to be utilized by all team members.
- Facility with web based systems and software - Experience with Xero Accounting and Google Workspace (Google Sheets, Gmail, Google Drive) a plus.
- Previous experience with nonprofits and/or arts organizations is a plus, but not required.
They understand that you may not meet all aspects of this description. They welcome applicants with varied backgrounds and different applications of skills. If you believe you can excel in this role, they encourage you to apply!