Exhibit Maintenance Technician
Museum of Science
Boston, MA 02114
Feb 04, 2022
Responsible for the routine maintenance of exhibits, including exhibit lighting and a various equipment within exhibit components. Perform daily rounds of exhibit areas and exhibit components to ensure they are working properly and provide on the spot repairs when damage is found and report all existing or potential problems. Clean and perform basic preventive maintenance routines involving minor carpentry, basic mechanical and basic electrical repairs. Assist other technicians in the performance of their duties, including installation, refurbishment and removal of exhibits.
- HS Diploma or equivalent.
- One (1) or more years of General maintenance and upkeep experience.
- Working knowledge of hand and power tools
- Knowledge of basic mechanical & electro-mechanical fundamentals
- An understanding of mechanical and physical principles and the ability to apply them in maintenance and repair situations.