St. Paul, MN 55102
Who is Penumbra?
Founded in 1976 by award-winning director Lou Bellamy, Penumbra is a nationally recognized organization housing Minnesota’s only Black professional theatre company. Penumbra has earned tremendous accolades, producing nearly 200 plays, over 30 premieres, and has cultivated generations of artists of color. Through our powerful art, we open hearts, rehearse strategies for change, and dispel dehumanizing narratives of people of color.
What will you do?
As we evolve into a Center for Racial Healing, Penumbra is seeking a dynamic, rigorous, and experienced leader to create distinctive programming that equips diverse constituents to advance equity locally and nationally. Penumbra has been operating equity programs for nearly two decades, training individuals and communities locally and nationally. Clients include nonprofits, K-12 schools, colleges and universities, faith institutions, state and federal agencies, and commercial businesses. Penumbra’s unique approach to racial equity work leverages the arts to build empathy, nurture creativity, and build resiliency. Our practical tools urge clients to build custom plans to advance equity from their unique vantage point.
How much are we paying and what are the perks?
Salary: $80 - $100K/year. Full-time, exempt.
- Penumbra offers PTO, Holiday Pay, Medical, Dental, and an Employee Assistance Program. Twin cities will be the primary residence for this position, but time spent away for remote work is negotiable.
Start Date - February 2022
How do I apply?
Visit aljpconsulting.com/apply-for-open-positions to submit your application.
Who are we looking for?
The ED must be able and willing to…
- Support the cultivation of an inclusive, equitable, and liberatory environment.
- Serve as a skilled and discerning negotiator.
- Recognize how her/their/his identity impacts her/their/his work.
- Commit to leading with humility, compassion, rigor, integrity and discretion.
- Communicate authentically and transparently.
- Collaborate with colleagues and partners; nurture direct reports and support supervisors.
- Be institutionally minded; preserve the legacy and advance the vitality of Penumbra.
- Be adaptive through change and iterative processes of discovery.