Education Coordinator, Community Partnerships
Roundabout Theatre Company
New York, NY 10018
Roundabout Theatre Company, one of the nation’s largest not-for-profit theatres, seeks a dedicated, personable individual to join the company as an Education Coordinator for Community Partnerships.
The Education Coordinator for Community Partnerships is a full-time, year-round position which provides the administrative support and coordination related to producing all Roundabout Community Partnerships programs including the current audience engagement and community partnerships programs. They will collaborate with colleagues across the organization to look for ways to strengthen existing relationships and build new partnerships within our community. This position reports to the Director of Community Partnerships.
This is some of what the Education Coordinator for Community Partnerships should bring:
- Minimum of 2 years of experience required in the field of arts administration, producing, or arts education—experience producing both in person and digital community and audience engagement programs is a plus.
- Experience building consensus with a broad range of partners in a variety of communities; particularly with a strong understanding of social justice and an ability to engage respectfully with individuals from historically marginalized NYC neighborhoods and communities.
- A strong team spirit and willingness to adapt to programmatic and organizational evolution.
- Experience in civic engagement and/or community-centered organizations or initiatives.
- A general knowledge of all aspects of professional theatre.
- Experience collaborating with people with disabilities is a plus.
- Multilingual skills a plus.
- Excellent administrative and interpersonal skills, including strong time management skills, attention to detail, ability to take initiative, and manage multiple tasks/projects.
- Experience writing or contributing to grant applications is a plus.
- Computer software skills: Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Tessitura, CRM, Form Assembly.
- Able to lift 20 lbs. with or without reasonable accommodation.